1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen a knife like this before?

Benjamin Lloyd Mar 28, 2019

1. Benjamin Lloyd

Benjamin Lloyd Tiny Member

Hi have in my collection this unusual folding knife. This knife has an 8 inch blade but what makes it unusual is that the blade is longer than the handle (wouldn't put it in your pocket without the sheath lol). The knife is from a quality maker - Laguiole and they are made in a region of France that a certain type of bee is prevalent, hence the hand chiselled bee that is on most of their knives. IMG_20190328_145600.jpg

2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I've never seen one like that, but blades that are longer than the handle are not too uncommon.

Hubertus makes a side opening auto with a long blade....

HubertusPigSticker3.jpg
    HubertusPigSticker1.jpg
    HubertusPigSticker2.jpg

And, recently, Microtech made the VenomTech OTF auto with a 5 1/2 inch blade that partially retracted into the handle....

VenomTechClosed.jpg

VenomTechOpened.jpg

Pretty neat idea, IF you need a pocket knife that you HAVE to carry in a sheath. :lulz:

Kelper likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lloyd

Benjamin Lloyd Tiny Member

rsz_img_20190328_150319.jpg Ah good to see other examples! I personally have never seen an oversized blade like this before my knife. Here is my other laguioles

Berkley likes this.