1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Harley Davidson Stickers on Prius

ubado Mar 25, 2018

1. ubado

ubado Little Member

I absolutely deplore seeing Harley Davidson stickers on a Toyota Prius

Thoughts?

(below is a stock picture ... but I swear I've seen this car (I live in FL). I've seen quite a few of them around ... unfortunately I don't have any pictures personally)
    [​IMG]

2. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I'll be honest I don't care for stickers in general on anything. I ride an HD and have since 78 but not a fan regardless of pretty much anything that has to do with sticking shit on whatever it may be. keepem sharp

begreen61 and ubado like this.
  3. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

Thoughts? I try not to think much in general most days. But I've never known a Harley owner that has a Harley sticker on anything and never known one to own branded merchandise.

zogglet and tubtar like this.
  4. ubado

ubado Little Member

.... nor have you ever seen a person riding a Harley wearing the matching Harley branded jacket and helmet. OR a truck hauling a bike trailer that doesn't have Harley stickers on both like they're some sort of Harley Factory team. ;-) ;-) :-D

5. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Rock on Prius Hog Rider! Ride and drive what you want.

In this neck of the woods, the Harley folks are all usually bedecked in Harley leather outfits, have those leather tasseled bar end things, and pipes that split the ear drum.

That being said, the neighbour down the street has a modified transport truck that he hauls his toy hauler loaded with two Harleys that must total well over $100K. Seems a decent fellow but I never seem to see him outside when I am riding to stop and say hello. I am not sure how he'd take me stopping by the house and saying, "Hi, I'm Wes. Can we be friends?" Not sure I am ready (or willing to cough up the money) to become a road pirate yet.

6. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I was thinking about this today when I saw a Harley in the back of a really nice F250 and it had a huge red "beware of dog" sticker on the back of the driver side window. Looked like a 200lb Rottweiler in the back of the cab. No other stickers. I do remember a friend of mine that had a nice orange and black branded jacket. But he has a custom bike shop and dozens in stock.

7. ubado

ubado Little Member

Today I just saw about the worst ... A Nissan Juke all done up in a Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition color scheme with matching rims ... and a BIG ASS Harley sticker on the back window. Come'on a Harley Edition Nissan Juke ... please ... even Harley would have issues with that.

8. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Did it have a 1.25" receiver hitch for towing his/her Hog?

9. ubado

ubado Little Member

IDK ... didn't pay that much attention. I was too busy thinking WTF?... That shit ain't right. :-D
    (however I should state that it looked professionally done and well thought out ... nothing over the top.)

10. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I was gabbing with Bill Werner years back...........he was the tuner for the Harley team in AMA Camel Pro ( flat track and T/T ).
    They traveled in plain white cube vans..........no marking of any type.
    I asked why.
    Because they had shit being stolen out of them...........parts no one else could use and tools ...........for years when they carried the factory banners.
    They couldn't park in a hotel overnight without some cocksuckers trying to filch their goods.
    Since they went covert...........no problems. LOL
    I see Harley stickers on all manner of vehicles , but the worst ?
    The absolute worst ?
    Guys on their Asian V twins with Harley motor clothes.
    T shirts , jackets , head bands , boots.................some wearing all of it.
    I deplore the company , and I ride a Harley...........I will let you make your own judgements about that.
    But if they never sold another bike , they could go on for decades selling merch.
    That is part of their problem for me.
    Exploiting an image that they do not live up to.

ubado, begreen61, GEEZER and 3 others like this.
  11. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Tubtar, I agree...

Personally, (and you old guys remember...), in 1983 H.O.G. ruined it for me. Legitimized riding a Harley. Used to be, riding a Harley meant something. After that, every soccer mom and poser came out. I still ride my Shovel, but its not the same. No respect......

ubado and tubtar like this.
  12. ubado

ubado Little Member

Agreed ... down here I see a ton of riders on Yamaha Star bikes wearing Harley jackets and other Harley gear. Heck my neighbor has some crappy Suzuki "naked style" bike and he wears Harley gear when he goes to Bike Week in Daytona. ... sad.

tubtar likes this.
  13. ubado

ubado Little Member

Yeah that's just it ... Harley isn't the Harley of old. Heck, like most vehicles on the road they're an American brand with almost half parts from China or elsewhere. It's like the new Indian.

Nowadays just about every lawyer and middle management corporate guy who rides ... ownes a Harley. They deck themselves in all the gear like they're on a factory team. It's like all the guys who used to cruse around on Honda Goldwings now ride Harleys.

I gotta say ... one of the best group of riders are BMW guys ... no flash .... just a shit ton of gear for epic rides. Hell they have a good dozen riders who've hit the 1-million mile mark. That's saying something. I can't even count how many are in the 100,000 plus club. I'd imagine most weekend Harley riders won't get much past the 100k mark.

tubtar and GEEZER like this.
  14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Several years ago, I went with my family to Myrtle Beach, SC, for a family-type vacation. It happened to coincide with "Bike Week".

Upon my return to work, a co-worker said, "You felt right a home with all the bikers, right?"

NOPE! No old-school bikers there, just Doctors, and lawyers, and yuppies, and wanna-be punks.

tubtar, GEEZER and ubado like this.
  15. tubtar

Is there anything more pathetic than a grown man on an 883 Sportster ? :bwah::bwah::bwah:
    I mean , I'll test ride the wife's after I work on it , but I make sure to do second gear wheelies just in case anyone is watching me.
    I worked for this prick.......he was the plant manager of the place , but he had a 1200 Sporty , complete with all the " Ride to Live - Live to Ride " chrome doo dads.
    He really thought he was a bad ass.
    At the time , I was riding a 1978 Husqvarna WR 390 Dick Burlson replica on the street , and he couldn't even start my bike. :madaddy:

GEEZER, crogers, ubado and 1 other person like this.
  16. ubado

ubado Little Member

Now that's a cool bike. Husqvarnas have gotta be the most under-rated enduro bikes ... totally dig them. Then again ... I am a big fan of 70's-80's Can Am bikes too.

tubtar likes this.
  17. tubtar

Thanks..........I raced them for a long while.
    Still have a 2000 TE 410.
    A good friend of mine is deep into air cooled , two shock , two stroke dirt bikes.........buys and sells , restores.
    Can Am's are always on his radar , but most you see are either too expensive or too far gone to save.
    And parts can be a real bitch for them too.
    That being said , he is about to move on a 1973 Puch 125 enduro. :bwah::bwah::bwah:
    He does like a good challenge.
    He rides a 605 ATK flat tracker on the street.
    I'm not sure if it is a sign of character or mental illness. :madaddy:

desmodus, crogers and ubado like this.