1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Half Speed Mastering Vinyl from Abbey Road Studios

RNST Mar 2, 2016

1. redbike

redbike Huge member

error

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  2. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Oh boy....looks like I`m gonna have to sell a bunch of stuff on Fleabay to support my audio jones :bwah:
    I would definitely like to have several of those albums in my collection....good stuff !

I`m a reel-to-reel fan as well, always on the lookout for good tapes. Pink Floyd never put anything on tape for US consumption, just a few for the Japanese market, and those are scarce as hen`s teeth, and killer expensive to boot. Found a guy who`s a retired recording-studio engineer, had access to studio master tapes (recorded at 15 inches per second (!), he made copies for his personal use, mixing them down on a pro Tascam deck to 7 1/2 ips, so his tapes are only one generation removed from the master.
    So anyway, I bought his Dark Side Of The Moon tape, almost came in my pants while listening to it....I have 3 vinyl copies of that album, including the original Harvest pressing, a MFSL copy, and a 30th anniversary UK pressing on 200 gr. vinyl. This tape sounds better than all of `em....:devilzeek