1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Had my knives taken away for making this!

solanum Dec 21, 2009

1. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

I think you were just unlucky, being in London was against you, they pretty much have a zero tolerance to knives there, I suspect that even if you had a legal knife on you they would probably of confiscated it.

However if it had been elsewhere , there would of been a good chance that the policeman would of just had a word with you about the legalities of locking knives.
    I myself once walked into a magistrates court with a small locking knife in my pocket and just about shit myself when I casually emptied my pockets, I forgot it was there. The security guard went all wide eyed and I thought I was fucked, he put it in a drawer for me to collect later. On the way out a policeman was waiting and he just calmly gave me a quiet bollocking and told me to leave it at home next time, he also informed me that the knife was not legal and told me what I was allowed to carry.

So they are not all out to get us, you just have to be careful.

2. solanum

solanum miniature maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

They had an issue with the lock blade, it is considered a fix blade. What's a slipjoint?

3. solanum

Got no beef with the UK, marriage is anther issue though.

4. solanum

Cops saw me whittling in Hyde Park and did not have an issue, got me somewhere else

5. solanum

Strangely enough it was Two

6. solanum

Have to do with a non lockable folder

7. l2lku

l2lku Compulsive Editor

Ever considered that they just wanted to take your DNA?

8. solanum

Do have this passion to make things, not with a lock blade anymore

9. solanum

Chair was only in the beginning stages, a few pieces of wood, and a drawing. They took both knives and DNA

10. solanum

Yes, for their data base. It's taken from all people who are arrested in the UK

11. solanum

Think bobbys are the ones who wear those helmets

12. solanum

I know better next time

13. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

Most misdemeanors are considered
    "officer's discretion", meaning they can make a judgment call. Here is South Carolina, two that aren't are Criminal Domestic Violence (CDV) and Driving Under The Influence (DUI). The CDV laws are considered "Must Arrest". They are also so vague that if the officer is following them and sees two teen-aged siblings playing a rousing game for tackle football in their front yard, he must arrest them both. A really screwed up aspect of the CDV laws is that if convicted, you lose your second amendment right to bear a firearm!

I had times I had to make a CDV arrest with a young couple and when it got to court, I dropped the charges.

The government doesn't want thinking cops.

14. l2lku

l2lku Compulsive Editor

Thanks Rock - that is very interesting. I hope someone can provide some info on this specific situation in the UK also.

15. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

Meh, I have a Spyderco Military in my pocket.

I don't take it

1. Down the Pub
    2. Brandish it in a public place

I have had NO problems...

For everything else, there is the Spyderco UKPK.

Ignorance of a countries Laws is no reason to get upset. You did not get sent to prison did you? What would have happened if you had done that in NYC?

Whole thing stinks of another anti UK thread to me.

Merry Christmas.:bwah:

SugarSkull likes this.
  16. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Uhm, kind Sir. He is NOT American. :readthread:

17. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

I don't think anyone was trying to bash the UK here. It was just being subjected to laws we aren't familiar with that sometimes seem absurd. Far too many police officers can't get past the letter of the law and look at the spirit of the law. I think this was just such a case.

I spent 3 weeks in the Philippines in 2005 and studied their culture, customs, and knife laws before I went and still almost got arrested coming back for having two HK replica toy pistols I bought in my CHECK IN luggage!

The DNA sample is something our so called civil rights leaders here in the US would raise Cain about. I personally would rather be convicted of a crime based on DNA than fingerprints, although any evidence can be tampered with by corrupt officials anywhere.

18. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

His location says Connecticut. I thought he was American also.

19. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

Thats what I saw as well.

20. l2lku

l2lku Compulsive Editor

Ron met him at the JD Christmas Party.

My location says VA. I am South African.

When I get my citizenship, only then will I be an African American.

I love the UK, America and every country I have even been to - even the countries whose governments I do not like. Not all governments represent the views of the people of the country.

People are people, some are awesome, some are assholes, most are a little of both.