1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

snache likes this.
  2. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

This has been on their wish list for a very long time. And now it seems as if it's finally going to happen
    Dark days are ahead for the 2nd Amendment...

snache and begreen61 like this.
  3. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Well shit

snache likes this.
  4. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

In a nutshell:

H.R. 127 would ban common types of ammunition, including every shotgun shell larger than .410.

The bill states: “It shall be unlawful for any person to possess ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.”

Violations of this ban would result in the imposition of a fine of at least $50,000 and imprisonment of at least 10 years, mandatory penalties not seen in many violent or infamous federal crimes, including torturing someone to death outside the U.S. or committing treason during wartime.

Hunting whitetail deer would be legally impossible in at least 10 U.S. states if these restrictions went into effect.

The bill would also make it impossible for Americans to follow President Biden’s advice to keep a double-barreled, 12 gauge shotgun for self-defense, rather than an AR-15.

Innumerable numbers of shotgun shells currently possessed by law-abiding people for lawful purposes would suddenly become contraband.

H.R. 127 would force Americans to relinquish hundreds of millions firearm magazines with no compensation.

The bill states: “It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device”, and defines such devices to include those “that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition,” excluding certain integral .22 rimfire magazines.

Industry production figures show that there are hundreds of millions of 11+ round magazines.

As with its ban on shotgun shells, H.R.127’s magazine ban would apply retroactively, affecting items already owned by millions of Americans for lawful purposes, with no compensation for owners forced to relinquish property that was lawful when obtained.

H.R. 127 would require the federal government to register some 400 million guns in the span of only 3 months.

The bill states that registration information would have to be provided to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive, “in the case of a firearm acquired before the effective date of this section, within 3 months after the effective date of this section.”

But BATFE would also have to create the registration system during those 3 months.

Because the U.S. (intentionally) does not already have a national firearms registry, it would be impossible for the government to fairly and effectively enforce this system with respect to existing gun owners.

The firearm registry database would have to be made available to “all members of the public,” as well as “all branches of the United States Armed Forces,” among others.

This would facilitate private discrimination against gun owners, including in such things as employment and access to essential services such as banking, insurance, or housing.

It also seems to presuppose that the military, which is prohibited by law from engaging in domestic law enforcement, has some role in policing civilian firearm ownership.

Ironically, criminals who possess firearms illegally would self-exempt themselves from the registration requirement, and under U.S. Supreme Court case law, could not be required to disclose their illegal firearm possession through registration.

H.R. 127 would retroactively criminalize firearm ownership by young adults.

Currently, there is no federal prohibition on adults aged 18 or older possessing otherwise lawful firearms.

The bill, however, would require a license to possess any firearm, and licenses would only be available to those aged 21 or older.

Millions of young adults, including those in the military, would become ineligible to possess firearms for their own lawful purposes under this legislation, including any firearms they already owned.

H.R. 127 would discourage voluntary mental health treatment, including for combat veterans or victims of violent trauma, by permanently prohibiting the issuance of a license to anyone who “has been hospitalized … with a mental illness, disturbance, or diagnosis (including … addiction to a controlled substance … or alcohol) … .”

Anyone who had been hospitalized with a “brain disease” would also be ineligible for a license, including those suffering from brain cancer, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s disease.

H.R. 127 would effectively price lawful firearm ownership out of reach for many of the poorest and most vulnerable Americans.

It would require the holder of a firearm license to pay a tax (masquerading as government-issued “insurance”) of $800 per year.

License applicants (and even other members of their household, as directed) would also have to undergo a psychological evaluation at their own expense.

H.R. 127 has a long way to go before becoming law.

The bill has not yet been scheduled for a committee hearing, and it currently has zero cosponsors.

While it is not presently moving, it does show how far gun control advocates would like to go in attacking the right to keep and bear arms.

begreen61 and snache like this.
  5. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Definitely going to get much worse for the 2nd Amendment. Biden is looking at the Supreme Court and many other ones to get them leaning to the left. All these damn shootings aren't helping, if I was a conspiracy kinda guy I would think someone was paying these nuts to do it. Just look at how guns were perceived in the past yrs and now present day, project that out and ........

crogers, Huevos and begreen61 like this.
  6. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

I've been thinking the same thing for some time now (or would have if I were a conspiracy guy). I'm sure there's a few underhanded things going on in the swamp that are hidden away from us. If it is true and if they're ever caught if it is, CNN would implode. I would LOVE to see that.... :alcoholic:

snache and crogers like this.
  7. snache

In a way it already is being orchestrated to a degree by the media. If you are a little wonky to begin with and you assimilate online media, it can easily help push that switch. Hell even "regular people" can be affected, especially in the group settings. Of course this could just be an old guy ranting. Nice thing about old age for me anyway, is I am more circumspect than my youth. Once you see behind the curtain and realize the depth of the deception foisted on us the reality of the futility of actually changing anything meaningful becomes apparent. Whooo, more ranting .:lafflol:

Balibuyer and Huevos like this.
  8. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

I say fuck em! I'm keeping mine.

Huevos, Balibuyer and snache like this.
  9. snache

You have a lot of company!

Samb, Huevos and Balibuyer like this.
  10. Evan Larson

Evan Larson Little Member

Real curious to see what pans out with the pistol brace ban executive order a few days ago....