1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

H&K VP9 - buy it! Buy it now!!!

HotrodKelley Sep 5, 2014

1. HotrodKelley

HotrodKelley Brigade Member Brigade Member

HK VP9. Lower bore axis than the P30, uses same magazines as the P30, has a much better trigger than the Walther PPQ, superior trigger compared to the m&p and glock- both 3rd&4th Gen, not too much bigger than the Glock 19, has awesome chargeable glow sights(standard model), interchangeable back straps and side panels, has tabs at the rear of the slide to assist in charging the slide, has a thick, beefy internal slide rail, metal guiderod, awesome fit and finish, and you can buy one for around $600!

What's not to like ?!?

Ok....the magazines only hold 15 rounds.

This video is what made me want to look at the VP 9. This guys descriptions of the gun were spot on, and after holding the pistol and squeezing the trigger, I bought it.
    http://youtu.be/iNUzne7yjLY

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  2. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Must say....I`m impressed ! It`s obvious that a LOT of thought went into the design of this gun. I didn`t think I might actually entertain the thought of moving on from my beloved G19 (after 24 years), but the VP9 just might have the stuff to lure me away....:thumbsup:

3. JHansenAK47

JHansenAK47 Little member

Have you compared them yourself or is that something you heard and are now repeating? I have been waiting for a VP9 to show up locally to look at the trigger to see for myself. Most of the online trigger nit pick reviewers lean toward the Walther PPQ having the better trigger.

4. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

And only hundreds more than a M&P or a Glock!

taoist likes this.
  5. HotrodKelley

Well, I bought the HK over the Walther. Not only that, I got rid of my Glocks.
    When and if you get your hands on one, compare the two yourself. It's not just the trigger, but the overall feel the HK has over the Walther. The HK has a better balance.
    I might buy a couple more- I love it that much.

6. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Are there any plans to offer it in a man-sized caliber? :devilwag:

droid and Masharp81 like this.
  7. HotrodKelley

I added a YouTube video I watched that made me want to look at the vp9. His description and review are spot on. If you want a fair review of the VP9, this is it.

8. waterdogs

I would also like to see this pistol in .45 ACP, maybe even 10mm....however, one (big) advantage to carrying a nine is that wherever you go in this world, you`ll probably find 9mm ammo available....

9. Mike Grasso

And we travel all over the world with our personal firearms?

10. waterdogs

I would venture to guess that anyone with a bit of initiative and some cash wouldn`t have a real hard time finding a High Power, early-gen S&W, CZ, G17, HK, Baretta, Vektor, Star, etc., for sale in just about any location....

(Just hypothetically speaking, of course....I would never advocate breaking any laws....)

11. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

And what cost a 1911? :bwah:

Sorry, Mike, I couldn't pass that up.

But How much do we see folks spending on a 1911 which requires us to twiddle and maintain it regularly, vs just hose it down with brake cleaner on occasion?

12. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

To say HK got it right and released a well thought out pistol is no surprise.

To say it "has a much better trigger than the Walther PPQ, etc. . ." is bold talk.

13. Mike Grasso

Then it's not your personal firearm you're carrying is it?:madaddy:

Bit more of an investment, bit more of a machine. Just don't see the difference between the Glock / M&P and the more expensive Hk. Hk just has not hit the mark for several years and I believe they're a bit late for this party.

Parker likes this.
  14. klondike1024

klondike1024 Little member

I have to agree with this. I have handled both and I prefer the HK trigger but I can't say it is "better". It is just better for me. I also like the build quality and execution of the controls.

To me the biggest drawback of the VP9 design is the number of parts and complexity of the detail strip in comparison to a G19 which has a lot less parts and is very easy to work on. The grip on the VP9 is the best I have handled. (no pun intended... LOL!)

I went to the store/range for a G19 and was sold on the VP9 after checking out a PPQ also. Now I am waiting for HK to release a VP10 (10mm) and VP357 (.356 Sig)... A man can dream.

15. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Saw a vp9 for the first time at a gun show last weekend.
    I will more than likely get one later on, liked the feel and look of it.
    I am not getting rid of my g19 though.

16. klondike1024

I took mine out for a quick spin last Thursday during lunch putting 6 mags through the VP9 all rapid fire through a relatively small hole with zero hiccups. I could not be more pleased with this recent aquisition so far. I used crappy WWB 115 grain for this session. This was only my second time out with the VP9. The fit and feel of the VP9 in my hand is amazing. (I am still using the medium panels that it came with and have not tried other configurations yet.) My total round count is just under 300 rounds. I still need to test out different types of ammo through her.

I am considering making this my daily carry. I normally carry something chambered in .357 sig. but have been looking at the corbon DPX 115 grain 9mm for self defense carry purpose.

I need to verify that this round can be safely run in the VP9 and that it functions well with the corbon DPX since it is a +p hollow point.

This is my first HK so any input about running the 115 grain 9mm DPX +p round would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  17. klondike1024

I found this article about the VP9 and the measured velocities of various rounds. I like the 115 gr Barnes TAC-XP. In the chart, the 115gr Corbon +P DPX and 115 gr Double Tap +P Tac-HP are both running the Barnes TAC-XP bullets. Here is the article...

http://www.gunblast.com/HK-VP9.htm