1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Grinding over the weekend...

Stuart Mitchell Oct 19, 2015

1. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have been working over this weekend just gone, not full days but a few hours, I quite like being around Portland Works over the weekend, it has totally different vibe to during the week, particularly on a Sunday, I had the place to myself yesterday morning for a while...

[​IMG]

It was all about blade grinding, I have a small batch of YDS knives progressing as well as an even smaller quantity of MuntjaX, I also have these though, a 575 and a C4, both of these patterns were knives that my parents and I used to make back in the late 80's and early 90's, I am making these two up as as prototypes, or rather samples, for one of my trade clients...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As well as the game fairs and country shows that my parents attended with the knives we also had a brochure, the entire range of knives we made displayed on the inside cover of a folded A2 (?) brochure, the knives shown in actual size...

[​IMG]

Here some close up shots of the knives in question, there is also a tighter shot of the 573 as I just accepted a private commission for one of those and thought you might like a look...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All these back catalogue models are scribed and cut using templates that I made myself sometime around 1985, all the templates kept in a metal tub, there is quite the collection in there...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Truly awesome!!!

3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

This Mitchell guy......he seems to make great knives.....what's with that?

:ropeman:

:manganr:

:thumbsup:

4. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Cheers folks...

Your avatar is the reason I keep coming back OnceBitten.... :devilzeek