1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Grind-in 2016

Fenlore Apr 21, 2016

1. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

But who am I going to pal around with all weekend?
    Who's going to encourage me to make bad and simultaneously great choices?

crogers likes this.
  2. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Let us know how it turns out. The lack of any response shows us exactly where we stand. :jdwink2:

Good luck in the future to all involved, and thanks for everything.

Now we will have to come up with something/somewhere that we can all meet up at and do.

Next chapter!

3. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

There's always the Blade Show in Atlanta June 3-5... :ross:

4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

damn shame it went downhill.

Was always nice to meet with The bossman, tubtar, ben, the ivy leaguer, larry etall at the steak joint. Maybe the bosses NAMBLA love for Ben will keep him near MN once a year still but i fear the italian invasion may be dunzo.

Kinda bummed I never experienced the actual deal in the UP but life marches forward.

FWIW because I'm selfish...Tracy seems to be putting together a decent rig down in mankato?

5. Meridian Blades

Meridian Blades Got Wood? Knife Maker or Craftsman

HAHAHA..... love to. Might be tighter than ESKY tho...... On second thought, should I invite a bunch of people who have no idea what the JD is?...

Still gotta get your banner hung up in the shop Bob.... man that thing is sweet. You did an awesome job on that bad boy......

Closest thing to us here is Tracy's gig down Nort of Mankato.... but no reason not to get together. I mean (got wheels - will travel), even if we have to roll in the body snatcher van.

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  6. Bobasan

Bobasan Brigade Member Brigade Member

I've got two grinders in my shop, how many devil's will that handle? :devilwag:

7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

75, or so, per BRKT standards! :bwah:

8. Meridian Blades

I got 2 grinders if you don't count the 1 x 42 grinders. oh and the 4 x 36's..... you know if you could just get ur shop on wheels and then load it up in a big truck.... wait what?

9. Bobasan

Everything in my shop is on wheels :devilwag:

10. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

So the King is dead, long live the.....?

Sad to see the demise of the Grind In, happy to see we aren't going quietly into that good night.

Realistically we need:
    1) heat treated steel or the ability to do that overnight I would guess
    2) grinders, 4 decent sized ones would be plenty.
    3) handle materials
    4) someone with decent skills to instruct the rest of us
    5) accommodation, food and a bar

Do we set the grind in price as the same? If so that could allow the new host to buy in not only the stock we need but also maybe an extra grinder or some tools?

Let's make this happen

11. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

:decisions

12. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

:devilwag::devilwag::devilwag:

13. RoyalM

I've decided to not let sleeping dogs lie on this.

I've posted a new thread in the Devils Workshop section.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/s...urces-and-a-little-help?p=1857253#post1857253

I ask you all to look at it, bump it, post in it, do whatever to get it noticed. Additionally if you can answer any of those questions or know someone who could then get that done.

Questions for this thread are:
    1) If there was a smaller scale Grind In for Devils how many of you would attend? Be honest.
    2) Where could we have such a Grind In?

I know there are a few makers on here but do they have the set up to cope with around 15 Devils for 2-3 days. Lets say 20 knives being made in that time?

If a maker doesn't have the set up then what's the issue? Is it space, equipment, time etc?

I cannot believe that, with the people we have on here and the experience and knowledge they have, we cannot answer these questions. Come up with some options and host a Grind In.

14. Bobasan

The wife and I have friends over for knife making weekends about once or twice a year. It usually is only 3-4 people making a knife or two. It takes the whole weekend and is just about as much as we two can handle. The limitation on having more people over is us more so than equipment. Us small makers don't have a staff of people to spread out over each step in the process. Here's a picture of our shop to give you an idea of the space we're working with.

[​IMG]

Ronlad likes this.
  15. RoyalM

I'm sure we could muddle through. Depending on who is in attendance there would be enough knowledge to go around. I'm not expert but I can grind a knife, put a handle on it and call it good.

Some of the Devils with a few grind ins under their belts should be good to go in terms of making their own knife and maybe helping others.

16. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

I don't think i've ever been to Wisconsin. Like RM says, with the right people there I think a new grind in is about to be born.....

Is there good beer drinking to be had in Wisconsin sir?:manganr:

17. spydusse

spydusse Teufel Hunden Brigade Member

VEGAS. September

18. Bobasan

Surely you jest! There's no place like Wisconsin for craft beers and home brewing. Why my wife has 15 gallons ready to rack off and keg right now.

[​IMG]

I'm one lucky devil :devilwag:

19. RoyalM

Can we have a show of hands who would be interested in a Grind In somewhere else this year if it can be arranged?

I'll start:

1. RoyalM

20. Meridian Blades

JDG-In

Yes added below..

Can we have a show of hands who would be interested in a Grind In somewhere else this year if it can be arranged?

I'll start:

1. RoyalM
    2. Meridian Blades