1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Grind-in 2016

Fenlore Apr 21, 2016

1. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

Am I going to Blade Show this year instead?? :balrog:

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

3. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

4. mag1

OMG, what did I just read? Tony, Tony, Tony! You would prob either hate me when we got back, or say I was the most badass m-fucker you know if we all went down:bwah::bwah::bwah:

5. Tony8179

6. mag1

ill be available though message!

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Norcal wants in on this action as well. ;)

8. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

This year I'm getting everything ready on the Thursday/Friday so Saturday I don't have to wait for the heard to thin

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
  9. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

i'm kinda on the fence.
    if i go i'll make a knife on sunday morning and skip the mayhem of trying to make one saturday. i really enjoy fumbling through the shaping process myself.
    that is the experience i go for.
    i don't think that would be possible with so many people.
    if i lived close it might be different.
    but after you factor in travel and lost work it ends up being a 1500 dollar knife.
    that needs to be an experience for me to justify.
    i can pick handle material on a barkie at KSF for a lot less.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
  10. mag1

Agree.

11. Tony8179

Last year, I believe I was one of only 4 or 5 that started off with a bar of steel. Nearly everyone started with a blank and it was still all assholes and elbows up to the very last minute. Just getting my bar of steel and handle material (Stag was on the list of available materials, I wanted stag, I saw the stag, I was willing to pay the premium for the stag, but was told no when it came time) took over an hour after I was told to leave my place in line and go to the end because I wasn't using a blank.

12. Tony8179

After the meeting yesterday it's looking like a no go this year for me. The times I had over the past 6 years meeting new Devils and creating the knife I wanted were such unique and exciting experiences for me. Getting away for a few days to do something I really enjoy with people I really enjoy being around was something I looked forward to all year round. What was once a fun time with good people turned into a stress filled free for all with a focus on dollars over friends and unfamiliar faces with no idea what Jerzee Devil is. The fun just wasn't there last year and I believe that it's never going to return to the event I once truly loved attending. So, for any Devils in attendance this year I really hope you guys have a good time and that this experience is at least a shadow of its former self for you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
  13. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

Not gonna lie, I'm going to miss having you there.
    Won't be the same without you and Kuna... and I'm starting to think if you guys ain't there sandwich might not be.
    Then who will I hang out with!?
    Well, I'll just have to convert people to the JD or something.

14. Bobasan

Bobasan Brigade Member Brigade Member

The wife and I are on the fence as well. This last grind-in was just too many people and not enough Devils. If there were a way to limit it to just JD folks and keep the overall number down so everything isn't so rushed we'd be all for it.

Bob

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  15. mag1

the three amigos are out as of right now:cry:

16. Bobasan

Who from the Minnesota contingent is going to make it?

Bob

17. Meridian Blades

Meridian Blades Got Wood? Knife Maker or Craftsman

Think we're on the fence as well ...

18. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

The last time I went to a Grind In, the writing was on the Wall. This is a BRKT event NOT a JD event. And they treat it as such.

Thank you Mike, Thank you Leslie. Thank you Jimmy and Thank you Jacquie. Thank You BRKT Staff specialy skittles.

These were some of the best times I have ever had with strangers and the work you put into them was incredible.

Time march's on and things change. It aint never gonna be what it once was. But we fucking rocked it for what it was worth.:devilcorn:

Oh ya Thank you Ron, John and the rest of the JD. I always considered this a JD event and will see youse guys in the future.

Somewhere:devilwag:

19. Bobasan

So grind in at your place :devilwag:

20. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

I'm in.:devilwag: