1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Great Dane , custom fighter, and maple

Lon Humphrey May 29, 2015

1. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

where to begin with the tale of woe for this custom damasucs fighter

i had first wanted to do my version of a Vietnam era SOG knife i had made a large batch of damascus for the Brutes and i had a couple bars left over. I had the first one ground out and hardend when i went to regrind it right in the center of the blade out came the unmistakable black of cold shunts. DO OVER

the second blade went flawlessly no problems with the damascus or the guard. i decided to use curly maple for the handle ( i know what a surprise )

here is the finished pic of that handle
    [​IMG]

as you can see its unmarked i do that last with a panto-graph engraver i oiled it up wraped it in a paper towel and put it on top of the bench to wait on me to do my thing

in walks my dog a 9 month old Great Dane named Hephaestus
    [​IMG]

i about lost my mind... but i didnt do anything to him i separated him from the *pack* for about 4 hours
    [​IMG]

the next morning he wouldn't even look at it... hes pretty smart but stubborn as any Dane ive ever met

[​IMG]

so after debating what i was going to do i finally settled on black and white ebony
    [​IMG]

it will be available at blade show

(no the dog is staying at home)

2. Bobasan

Bobasan Brigade Member Brigade Member

So what your saying is your dog ate your homework?:ross::devilwag: