1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta love Uncle Sam!!!

McGyver Apr 2, 2012

1. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

So, my first duty station was Travis AFB, CA and after 6 years there, I finally got out of that communist hell hole only to be sent to NJ, the communist hell hole of the east coast. Now here I am 6 years later, being sent back to COMMIEFUCKINGFORNIA!!!!

I think I have maybe 1 gun that is legal in that state, and maybe two pocketknives. I forsee my dad's collection growing exponentially when I move. I now regret buying my dream truck last year and wish I would have got a Prius. Did I mention my truck is a diesel?? Couple that with the nearest affordable housing is almost an hour from the base and I think I'm gonna have to get a second job.

On the plus side, it's right next door to the wife's family... is that really a plus though?? I've been lucky enough to be geographically seperated from the drama for the last 6 years, and not really looking forward to being thrust in the middle of it.

But that's truly not the best part. I'm gonna be moving across the country with 2 dogs, 2 kids, and a wife that's gonna be 6 months pregnant at the time. Oh what fun to be had.

In the end, I signed my name to a dotted line, and will do what I am told. And truth be told, I volunteered for the NJ assignment, as it was a step up from CA, but I just hoped that for once, I could re-assimiliate into free America... so much for that. Wish me luck on the West Coast, ladies and gentlemen, and recommend me a good shrink if you know one.

Rant over, no need to reply.

2. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

Has it been six years already? I remember when you moved to NJ.

Hopefully we can work up an earthquake after you arrive to welcome you back. :bwah:

Good luck!

3. misfit

misfit Somebody check my brain

Wanna Hug!?!?! :bwah: All kidding aside and FWIW, alot has changed in and around Travis. Fairfield has exploded and mostly in a good way. It would seem so podunk as when you left there.

There's a cool JRB here in Fort Worth. We're gun and knife friendly and looks to be that way for a very long time. We're fairly central CONUS. Great brisket and fried pie! Something to consider in six years! :manganr: Good luck on the relo!

M

4. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

When I was going to be shipped off to Germany I was asked my choice of 3 duty stations I'd like. I just knew if the mf's knew where I'd like to go I'd be shipped anywhere but! I picked the most God forsaken duty stations I could think of... and got the one I wanted. :manganr:

Good luck on the family, the move and the career, Mr. McGyver. :thumbsup:

5. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

MAN,reading all that stressed ME out,so can only imagine

how you feel..

Good luck soldier and thanks for serving..:thumbsup:

6. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

We have to get together before you depart! :devilzeek

7. MJ

MJ a most pure angel Lady Devil

We don't need another diesel in CA! Good luck gassing up out here, you'll need a small fortune :bwah:

If you're moving to Northern Cal you'll fit right in with your truck and mindset.

8. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

I thought military was exempt from alot of the weapons laws. Thanks for your sevice!