1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Got my first sebbie today...

DucS2R Oct 10, 2006

1. DucS2R

DucS2R Huge member

and broke it in within minutes of its arrival. Started with a plain small classic with the idea that it would be a user and I would buy something more exotic from CR to be a safe queen. Well, when it arrived I was really impressed with its quality and fit and finish. It was the first CR knife I have actually seen in person (I have tons of other knives from Randalls and Bark Rivers to Microtechs and Protechs) and I am impressed. Impressed enough to think for a moment that I should baby it.

Well moments after its arrival two large cartons arrived from Singapore with my son's body kid for his WRX. I gulped and tossed him the Sebenza and said cut away. Twenty minutes later everything was unpacked and unwrapped and other than nearly cutting off his finger everything was cool. Two minutes on the Sharpmaker and the knife was as sharp as when it arrived. And now it is used and I can use it for EDC without thinking twice.

So what should I get for the safe queen? That mammoth bark large sebenza looks mighty tempting though I have no idea what it would cost.

I was a Microholic until recently but changed my habits for obvious reasons (though I still love the forum). I am having more fun than ever with Barkies and Sebbies. Real craftsmanship from real people. Can't beat it!

T. :wes:

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

:faint: I thought you said BROKE IT!

good on ya man, come around here ( tell yer friends ) we talk aboot everything and something as well!

sebenza= good:signhere:

congrats!

3. BenDibble

BenDibble Resident Mortician JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

ohhhhhh, i was reading the whole thread looking to how you broke it, but then figured it out once you said you put it on the sharpmaker that you broke it in!

oye!

sweet buy!!!

4. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

wE iS aLL ReTaRdEd!!! :tard:
    I thought the same thing.
    :banghead: :lolol: :bash:

5. scorpiostud

scorpiostud bad ass individual

Well,It's broken in. Congrats on your new Sebbie:wes: :wes: Sebbies are addicting, can't stop at just one.:ronl: I'm looking for my 3rd one as we speak.:chaos:

6. DucS2R

DucS2R Huge member

Sorry folks, I went back and read my post and read it the same way as you did. Guess we all have dyslexia (and yes, I had to check the spell checker on that one). No, even I could not break a Sebenza in one day, though my son could which is why the knife is now in my pocket.

Cheers,

Tim

7. Raoul

Raoul Commodore Postwhore

Congrats on your Sebbie.....,CRK's rock!!!
    Get yourself a mammoth-bark Sebbie....,they do define the word "cool"!!!:roxxor:

Now I could say that I thought you broke your Sebbie when I first read your post...,but I didn't!:liar:

No,really.....,I didn't!!!:liar: :liar: :liar:

8. Ross

Ross honorary Italian Brigade Member

Great purchase, I like that you actually use the knife instead of babying it. Safe queen? How about something from William Henry?

9. txkaratedude

txkaratedude Dewey Cocks Brigade Member

I'm in the same boat, as I thought the same thing! My next thought was ' How the heck did he break his sebbie?' These things are bomb proof. hehehe
    Congrats on a new knife. The more you use it the more you'll love it.
    I want a damascus Sebbie but they're mucho dinero, so my Stars n Stripes will have to go it alone for now.

10. BenDibble

BenDibble Resident Mortician JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

well when he said he handed it to his son......

:wes: