1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye folks - I won't be able to make anymore knives

Ruben Calo Feb 26, 2013

1. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I wish you the best.

2. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

I read this and I'm balling my eyes out. My heart goes out to you & yours. I know what your going through...Monday night I lost My Aunt to Lung Cancer after pneumonia set in. My heart Is very heavy right now..
    I'm keeping YOU in my thoughts & prayers. Stay Strong..Kick it's Ass! You will be back to making knives again real soon. YOU are family to ALL of US here JD..WE will always be here for YOU..Don't ever forget that. I wish you better health and NEVER give up HOPE. :heart: :GOV:

:thumbsup: You Got This!! :GOV: ~GOV loves ya baby!

stdlrf11 likes this.
  3. Joep

Joep birdave

So sorry...

Hang tough Ruben. So sorry to hear the bad news. Although I don't own any of your knives, I've admired your work. ALL the BEST, to you and yours!

4. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Ruben, I am devastated to hear this.

I bought one of the first knives you sold here at the JD, and it has served me well. Every time I so much as look at it I smile about our communication and the beautiful blade which made its way northward shortly thereafter. My most vivid memory of it in use was cutting the best brisket I ever produced on a smoker, in the middle of a blizzard on New Year's Eve. You build great soul into your knives, and I am richer for the experiences it has shared.

This last blade, we should all hope to hit the high notes as well as you have done here. Any cook in their right mind would enjoy it deeply and daily.

You have my and our best wishes, hopes and prayers in your new challenge. As Glenn said so eloquently, modern medicine and cosmic intervention can and do work wonders. Your family here at the JD is here for you, Brother Devil.

5. rgepting

rgepting knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Good luck, God bless, and dont stop fighting. You have left an incredible legacy in knives.

Richard

6. Roger

Roger Formerly HSG Brigade Member

You are in our thoughts & prayers. Keep your spirits up.

7. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Stay strong Ruben. Prayers to you and your family and respect to you as one of the greats in the industry brother.

8. Gecko

Gecko The Hessian Brigade Member

That is really sad!

All the best for you; I hope you get well!

Regards,
    Pit

9. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

:ssad: Damn, Ruben, that sucks. Your work shows how much of a passion it has been for you, and not being able to do it anymore will be difficult.

But you've got to do what needs to be done, for you.

Smoke & Prayers are headed your way from Wezy & I here in Western New York.
    All the best.

10. knifecarver

knifecarver Embellisher of skin, bone, horn & metal Lady Devil

Dear Ruben,

The knives you made are your legacy. They will stand the test of time that unfortunately our bodies can't. Focus on your health & enjoy the simple things in life. Prayer is a force stronger than anyone knows and you belong to a Great Support Group!:manganr: Yeah. Devils!:thumbsup:Ironic Huh? Prayers sent.

Cathy

11. glocktimus

glocktimus Average member

Damn. :ssad:

Ruben, I don't know you. We have never spoken and I don't own any of your fabulous blades. But I just wanted to tell you that you must continue to fight, and keep the faith.

Best wishes and kindest regards to you and yours.

Tim

12. J-rod007

J-rod007 Pleasant Plucker Brigade Member

Prayers sent for you and your family.

13. A1Duke

A1Duke Average member

So sorry to hear this.

Best wishes to you and your family.

14. opengrave

opengrave Little member

ive seen cancer in my family more than once ,,sorry for you,r troubles it can be beatin BEST OF LUCK ,,

15. TheRaven

TheRaven Huge member

Nice knife

Good luck to you sir!

16. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

" It hurts the heart to see a man denied his passion. "

This quote , which I lifted from Oncebitten's post , nails it for me.
    And it's not like I needed another reason to hate cancer's shit filled soul.
    But you have certainly given me one Ruben.
    Heartfelt well wishing and a prayer or two is all I can offer , and it never seems like it is enough.
    Rat stomp that fucking cancer like it was a cockroach in a corner.

17. knifepuppet

knifepuppet Brigade Member Brigade Member

I wish you all da best, Sir.

18. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

My best wishes to you, sir!

Your JD family all over the world is behind you.

19. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Huge member

I've got a mother-in-law that beat it, you can too Ruben! Looking forward to what you bring us in the future!:thumbsup:

20. balisongman24

balisongman24 Canadian Flipper

I wish you and your family the best of luck!! JD will be here for you!,
    Cameron

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013