1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Good Thing They Weren't Celebrating A Big Birthday

crogers Sep 9, 2018

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Kelper likes this.
  2. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

"This doesn't really feel like wax."

Kelper and Jim L. like this.
  3. Thanos74

Thanos74 Should be a custom title here

Ouch!!! But how did it not blow her to pieces? I mean I know it was a quarter stick but it was still a quarter stick!!!!

Kelper and Jim L. like this.
  4. crogers

I'm getting a bit suspicious of this story. Who, in their right mind, would store dynamite with a fuse AND BLASTING CAP installed in it? Dynamite won't explode without significant shock and/or heat and that's nearly impossible to generate with a fuse alone.

There's probably more to this story, or, perhaps, it was some kind of firework that's "equivalent" to a quarter stick of dynamite. Those claims are mostly hype from the firework seller/distributor/manufacturer.

It always sounds more exciting to exaggerate a bit. Makes for a betterer news story.

Don't know and probably never will.

Kelper, Jim L. and Thanos74 like this.
  5. Jim L.

Jim L. knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

An old style M-80 was said to have the equivalent energy of 1/4 stick, but haven't been abailable for decades.

Youda thunk she would've noticed the active burn of a fuse vs the passive burn of a wick.

The ghost of Darwin strikes again.

Thanos74 and crogers like this.
  6. crogers

My old ass remembers them. :shakie: They were GREAT. The old style Cherry Bombs were the bomb too (pun intended). New style fireworks suck.

Old style.... LittleNuke.gif

New style... BlowedUp3.gif

Jim L., GEEZER and Thanos74 like this.