1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Go Fund Her, The wife that is .

Glenn Jul 18, 2017

1. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

In 55 years I've never asked anything from anyone, pride is a motherfucker but time to set it aside.

Being on a fixed income is a drag, so I started my shop to help offset bills and keep the lights on. That it's done for the most part, but the scales were tipped with my last bought of cancer. Been paying off the beasts incurred fees since 2007/and the 2013 run with a monthly installments , but the latest 2017 battle tacked yet another bill to the stack.

Behind the scenes I've been selling off my knife collection to help subsidize the expenses over the last couple of years and down to just a couple remaining that will be sold too, only could last so long I guess.

Then life tossed another curve at "us", about 2 months ago I was involved in an auto accident and literally run off the road trying to avoid, our old rice burner took a pretty nasty hit that besides the physical damage somehow took out the AC, and the insurance company called it a total loss as the damage to repair ran more then the value of the car.

Short and to the point, I'm fine driving the wrinkled sweat box, but my wife deserves more .

With me trying to make all ends meet and her limited income she took it upon herself to start a Go-Fund me page a month ago, as she is quite aware I'm doing the best I can to "get by" fighting the beast, keeping the home-front powered up and food on the table.

So Devils , while I'm embarrassed to even be reaching or I would have posted this at the get go, I am now , not for me directly but for the wife, and family as a whole .

Please take a moment to have a read, and if you can find it within I would thank you sincearly to concider a small donation, it could make a big difference.

https://www.gofundme.com/hsgyk9-a-reliable-car

My , our fancy ride :

IMG_0051.jpg

To add, yes I've got a Jeep as some of you may remember, that's not been started up in in about 4 years sitting in my carport it's also being sold local to add to the fund .

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Every thing helps ,,Done my friend, and don't be embarrassed ,we are your extended family ...Brother,,

perado, nostimos, crogers and 3 others like this.
  3. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Done...happy to have helped.

Glenn, nostimos, crogers and 3 others like this.
  4. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It's never easy asking for help. Add to that were mostly all damn stubborn.

Glenn, nostimos, crogers and 2 others like this.
  5. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Done. Hugs to Beth! You guys are the best! :yesman:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Glenn, nostimos, seandavid55 and 2 others like this.
  6. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

I am pleased to be able to help.

Glenn, nostimos, seandavid55 and 3 others like this.
  7. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

:yesman:

Glenn, nostimos, seandavid55 and 3 others like this.
  8. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Done!
    I want a pic eventually of the sweet ride I helped fund. :jdwink2:

BTW, any knives left I should know about? :ropeman::bali:

Glenn, seandavid55, ded i and 2 others like this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I sent a few bucks. Hope it helps. Good luck to youse guys!

G_d bless you both!

Glenn, nostimos, seandavid55 and 2 others like this.
  10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Had to do the Bump...

Glenn, begreen61, nostimos and 2 others like this.
  11. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

Threw a little your... err... her way.

Glenn, seandavid55, crogers and 2 others like this.
  12. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

A computer geek I am not! Took me 2 tries to donate to Beth. :idunno: Hoping your goal is reached in the near future.

13. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

Done. Wish it could have been more.

Selling your Jeep hurt my heart.

14. Glenn

Hey all, first off sorry for not logging in sooner to thank everyone who has made a donation things been hectic in the household . Remarkable response Beth tabulated about 800 bucks from the JD folks since my posting, you guys/gals rock !

A thank you doesn't seem quite enough to do.

Once things settle down around here I'm going to just together some sort of JD Give Away, some items I've got around perhaps a build from my shop would be fitting , I'll find a way to give back for everyone's generosity . Quite humbling so many of you were so kind to the wife, and family.

Much love to all.

GK

Bobert, ded i, woodlander and 6 others like this.
  15. Clydetz

Quit it, Glenn! You're making us blush!

crogers likes this.
  16. Glenn

Want to take a moment to thank all for the help with donations to the wife's Go-Fund-Me page. With the Fund, help from family and friends and scrimping and saving over the summer, IE hard work in shop, Monday I took the wife shopping to take advantage of Labor Day sales.

We got a GREAT deal on a brand new 2017 Kia Soul ! While we never expected to be in a postion to afford such a thing, between all efforts we walked away with a small monthly payment we as a family could afford, including a full 10 year bumper to bumper plan that will cover anything that happens to fail over the years as we plan for this to be with us a very long time.

Thanks again to all, attached are a couple of images.

The wife will be sporting, I'll still drive the beat up rice burner till we can make some sort of other "move" in our life.

IMG_1730.jpg IMG_1731.jpg

nostimos, Bobert, crogers and 5 others like this.
  17. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Excellent news!

crogers and Glenn like this.
  18. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Congrats Glenn , had 3 Kia's every one never once had a problem with

Bobert and crogers like this.
  19. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Great news G!

Make sure to park it where it won't drown in Saltwater in the next week...

nostimos, Bobert and crogers like this.
  20. Clydetz

Way to go Glenn & Beth! Did it come with the family of hamsters like they show in the ad on TV?

nostimos, Bobert and crogers like this.