1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Garage door -1 , my fucking face -0

tubtar Jan 2, 2021

1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well , 2021 arrived with the expectations of improvement.
    2020 finished strong , with me landing a new job and things stabilizing on the fiscal front after a very weird and sketchy year.
    I spent New Year's day in the garage taking apart a K member for a 1980 Volare wagon project that I am picking away on.
    Think front sub frame.
    It carries the suspension components , hubs , brakes etc. and bolts to the car cradling the engine.
    The car I have is a slant six , and rather than use a conversion kit , I opted to find a used V-8 piece and go through it , replacing everything but the K member itself and upper and lower control arms.
    I just finished cleaning and arranging my garage , only to make a colossal mess in half of it.
    But I was carrying the two brake calipers to where I have a growing pile of metal that will be scrapped when I am done and hooked my right foot on either a floor jack or snow blower.
    I had to step in between them .
    Walking with my usual confidence / obliviousness , I did not see that coming.
    And went head long into the door.
    Both hands were holding a cast iron brake caliper , and I can see where they impacted the door...........it is an insulated aluminum door.
    My face..........my upper lip and mouth specifically , hit one of the ribs that run the width of the door.
    Those ribs are not there for your pleasure.
    No , they are there to strengthen the door and prevent it from buckling.
    They performed admirably.
    I thought for sure I was going to come away with a Bobby Clarke smile , but got lucky.
    Just a fat lip and wounded pride.
    The little finger on my left hand got smashed , and I am hoping that it will return to being the useful digit I have come to know and love by Tuesday night.............I attend a regular bluegrass jam and my playing sucks enough without a physical impediment.
    My right knee ?
    I don't know what it hit , but it removed flesh through canvas work pants and i am hobbling around like Ken Curtis in the television series " Gunsmoke ".
    But it is too early to attach any long term significance to this mishap.
    I am going to file it away under " shit happens " until I see a trend.
    And if shit continues to happen , I will keep writing 2020 as the date until I see a reversal of fortunes.
    Happy New Year , mi Amigos.

2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well, a Bobby Clarke smile ain't so bad...

NotBad.jpg

Oh, wait... you MEAN this one?

YouMean.jpg

3. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yeah............that one. :bwah::bwah::bwah:

Samb, Balibuyer and crogers like this.