1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Screenshot_20181217-065755_Samsung Internet-600x1067.jpg

BULLSHIT. This parcel arrived in town on the 12th. There hasn't been any weather nor catastrophes.

There is a notice coming via USPS from UPS that says they will send it back on the 19th. WTF. This notice will arrive tomorrow. So you basically have zero days to pick this up.

It was sent to me from Hawaii 2 day air. I've been on hold forever. Had a 45 minute phone call with them yesterday. It's impossible for me to go pick it up.

Any ideas? This package has to be in my posession on the 23rd.

crogers, Kelper and Thanos74 like this.
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

No clue, but I have had 2 packages say that they made it to College Station, then said delayed, then said arrived at College Station, w/ no delivery date, then Out for delivery adding a total of 3 days AFTER the package arrived in College Station for it to be delivered. The system is overwhelmed.

3. seandavid55

Frustrating. About two weeks ago I had to call them because I had 6 +/- packages that were dropped at the neighbors house. My place is clearly marked. It was just laziness.

Surely this isn't some sort of retaliation ploy by some upset delivery dick.....

4. Thanos74

Thanos74 Should be a custom title here

Speaking of which, I had been waiting on a package all frickin week. Come to find out, our inept mailman had stuck it in my cousins box down the road. Now, I live in a very, VERY, small town where everybody knows everybody. My cousin's name is Andrew...... My name is Timothy..... not hard to distinguish the two. He missed my box and just stuck it in the next box down, bout a quarter mile down the road. I've had trouble with this guy in the past so it's nothing new, however, this close to Christmas, it becomes more of a nuisance than usual, especially if you placed your order late and need it to arrive BEFORE Christmas!
    But, it is what it is, and it does what it does!

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

No idea, but I get my neighbors packages a couple times a year in my LOCKBOX. Truly unreal. I had a 2k guitar left at my neighbors front door. Had signature confirmation etc. Just left it there at the front door of my neighbor. Only reason I knew it was mine was I was home, and the box was obviously a guitar, so i walked over and checked the label and it was my guitar.

6. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Can you change delivery instructions?

Thanos74, crogers and seandavid55 like this.
  7. seandavid55

If I can get through to them tomorrow, I'm going to try. I may have to take a couple days sick leave and head home.

Thanos74, crogers and Kelper like this.
  8. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

I have signed up with USPS Informed delivery. It works great for me this far. Good luck hope you get your package on time

Thanos74, crogers and seandavid55 like this.
  9. Gravedigger

Gravedigger JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The problem with UPS/FedEx is using USPS for many home delivery options now. Hopefully the PO can hold it for you or schedule delivery. These new services suck. Nothing but problems for me as well and it seems there is no communication between the two. Aside from the fact delivery times can take over an extra week now which vendors sometimes aren't even aware of when the estimate shipping timeframes. I hope it works out for you.

10. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Me and UPS go waaaaay back.

A few years ago, I ordered a Christmas present for my mother and was assured that it would be from Chicago to my home before Christmas. Tracked the package to the local hub in Central North Redneckistan and expected delivery that day. No package. Same the next few days, tracking still showing Greensboro hub.
    Finally, about a week later, it shows up in Los Angeles, CA hub! Some dumbass put it back on a truck going across the fucking country. Now, with a fuck up like that, wouldn't it be normal to air ship the package back to NC? Nope! Back in a truck and drive back across the country.
    I ended up with the package January 10th!

Another time, a package of perishable material that they "couldn't" deliver because of snow (although I drove 30 miles a day for work, everyday!). I finally made arrangements to pick that one up at the hub.

Then, this week, my 2nd Day Air package scheduled for Tuesday delivery, came on THURSDAY (and to my neighbor's house to boot) due to snow... even though USPS had been delivering since Tuesday.

And, a couple weeks ago, UPS left a "box" on my back porch. It looked like it had been run over by a fucking truck! If it had contained ANYTHING more fragile than stainless-steel, I'd have been in trouble. Fortunately, it only contained some gloves and a stocking cap. Flattened, but undamaged!

My "history" goes back a long way. Good luck with EVER getting your package!

11. seandavid55

Well the package did arrive. It was packaged very well in a very heavy tube. It had bright FRAGILE stickers on it and a very large dent. Smh, but everything was fine. Wife had to hang out after work to take delivery.

I just received a notification that another package is being delivered by ups soon, damn it.

Kelper, ded i, crogers and 2 others like this.
  12. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well, maybe you need to quit ordering shit? :bwah:

Kelper, seandavid55 and Thanos74 like this.
  13. seandavid55

That is without a doubt.

Kelper, crogers and Thanos74 like this.
  14. seandavid55

Here is what I was waiting on,

20181221_161208-768x1329.jpg

Flying out Monday. Very late honeymoon/spearfishing trip on Christmas Island. Wouldn't have gone well without a speargun! Hope everyone enjoys their holiday!

Kelper, Thanos74 and crogers like this.
  15. seandavid55

Ok, I had just given them some props the other day. They drove back up the hill to have my wife sign for a package. Pretty cool. Then they just did this....
    20190627_180047-768x1024.jpg 20190627_175724-768x1024.jpg 20190627_175735-1024x768.jpg

They saw the invisible fence flags, and literally dropped the package in the drive way. The dog is currently in Montana.

Is there any kind of recourse for this kind of crap? I've tried calling and that is a serious and quick way to become frustrated.

Kelper and Thanos74 like this.
  16. crogers

In my personal experience, if you live outside some metropolitan area, they seem to LOOK (pretty hard too!) for excuses to NOT deliver your package.

One driver got stuck in my driveway after a period of unusually high precipitation. This gave them license to avoid my driveway (even during a drought) for the next couple of years. On the other hand, I drove in and out of that same fucking driveway DAILY for over 20 years and NEVER got stuck. In snow, ice, mud, even fucking hurricanes ferfucksake... Their driver can't fucken drive, so they blame it on the driveway.

I've had UPS fuck up several package deliveries and never was able to reach any type of satisfactory solution. So, good luck with that.

Anyway, tell the dog to enjoy his vacation! :bwah:

Kelper, Thanos74 and seandavid55 like this.