1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Fuckers Got Me AGAIN!!

crogers Jun 5, 2019

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:ranton:

Some fucker managed to get my credit card number and used it to buy some crap online. First charge went through, but the second, LARGER, charge was refused by the card issuer.

While I was talking to the bank about this, I missed a call from an unknown number. They left a message and it was a gentleman from the retailer where the order had been place. He was inquiring if I had placed this order.

I called and spoke to him and cancelled the original order and had already cancelled the card.

How the fuck do they keep getting these numbers? This is a card that I got about a week ago as a replacement for the expiring card. I did not throw the old card away, and the only use of the card was when I activated the new card online.

The last time I think I may have been skimmed at a service station, but this card has NEVER been used. Maybe the number was hacked during one of the MANY data breaches that have been occurring almost daily.

I was checking my usage, and I've only made 1 purchase with the expiring card since Christmas. I'll be suspicious of that retailer from now on!

Fuck, I think I'll just cancel ALL the damn things!

:rantoff:

2. Samb

Samb Average Member

Probably a good idea!

3. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Damn that sucks bro. I know the feeling. I often wonder about getting one of those rfid blocking wallets. They might be gettin us while we're in line somewhere. Bunch of fucks.

4. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

That's worrisome crogers. How did the retailer get your phone number?

5. crogers

I wasn't carrying the card. So, I KNOW they didn't read it with a scanner, unless they read it in the envelope at the post office. Could be some scum working for USPS....

They actually used my real address as shipping address. You have to to use a card anymore. He could have found my number on the interwebz with my name and addy.

I was curious about WHYDAFUQ somebody's gonna steal my card and order something and ship it to me? The retailer said that often, once it's been shipped, they'll contact the shipper and use another address as a "temporary" drop address.

After I cancelled the card, they tried to make ANOTHER purchase for $600+ from a different retailer. The bank declined that, of course. So, the running tally to date is 1 approved (but, cancelled) order, and 2 declined purchases totaling about 2 grand! They was financing a fishing trip!

My brother got a call once from his bank. Someone was attempting to take a $2500 cash advance at a bank in Jamaica using his card number. The bank asked if it was him. The jeeniuses called him at HOME! Howdafuq was he at home and trying to get a cash advance in Jamaica?

Kelper and Balibuyer like this.
  6. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Damn thats some unreal shit right there sir. Dont know why people cant just get off the fuckin porch and go to work anymore.

P-hilC and Kelper like this.
  7. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

We've had ours compromised a couple of times now. Very annoying. Our bank did refund the money, and it was investigated. Just frustrating.

I swipe for everything. Need to start using cash again like I used to back in the day.

Kelper and crogers like this.
  8. crogers

My bank is not so convenient, so I rarely carry much cash. Butt*, they've got my mortgage, IRA, checking, savings, etc. PITA to change. Then with cash, you're always running to the bank, or you use an ATM card. So, back to the plastic.... :bwah:

What gets me most it the fact that I rarely use this particular card. The rewards program isn't as good as some other cards, so I tend to use them. I use this card a few times a year so the bank won't cancel it for disuse. I may have mentioned earlier, butt*, about 6 weeks ago was the first time I've used this card since before Christmas.

I don't carry the card with me, so a RFID scanner wouldn't have got me, the single recent use was via Interwebz using a secure router (not over WiFi), so, I couldn't have gotten skimmed. Shit, I'm at a lose for figuring out HOW they got the info. :idunno:

Oh well, the bank's Fraud Division is on it now. I've locked everything down, so all seems well for now....

Kelper likes this.
  9. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

Maybe the vendor you used the card with at Christmas had their data hacked?

crogers and Kelper like this.
  10. crogers

Checking my records, the last purchase that I made was actually in July or August! (Paid off card on 8/29/18!) I know how much I charged, but can't recall who I charged it to....

Then, I made a purchase in April. They've been called and deny any data hack, and promise to keep check on any suspicious activity.

The bank has suspended my online access, so I can't even view my old statements now. They told me I'd need to set-up new access when I receive my replacement card, but, HOPEFULLY, I'll be able to view old statements then.

At this point, it's "no harm, no foul" since I've lost nothing. Two retailers lost sales, but they still have the merchandise that they would have lost otherwise.
    It's in the bank's hands now. Maybe they can track someone down... then, [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Pinoy Knife and Kelper like this.
  11. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

You need to change all your passwords for online retailers.

crogers likes this.
  12. crogers

All the retailers that store CC info (Amazon, PayPal, etc.) did not have that credit card info. Like I've said before, I use it rarely, and only 1 time since last July or August.

:idunno:

13. crogers

Well, two weeks in and the bank emailed me to tell me that they attempted another $565 purchase from Outdoor Dog Supply. It's pretty obvious that the thieving fucktard is a hunting/fishing/poaching/lying/cheating/worthless SON-OF-A-BITCH! The card has BEEN cancelled for 2 weeks now, and the stupid fucktard can't figure that out 'cause they're still trying to use it.

There is an extra-hot corner in Hell for thieves and child molesters. I wish this one would hurry and go!