1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Fuck you.............pay me !

tubtar Mar 2, 2016

1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I have been working for this company for two years......I am what is known as a " float driver ".
    I cover when guys call in sick or take vacations , and when I am not covering a route , I float around the Minneapolis / St. Paul area and help when they get jammed up.
    My start times varied from 4:00 a.m. to noon..........often all mixed up in the same week.
    When I am covering a route , I also seem to get stuff from other routes thrown at me.......for a couple reasons.
    I typically do these routes in a couple hours less than they guys who do them every day.......I have time and if there is room in the trailer , I can cover other stuff to help out.
    I know the metro like the back of my hand , and I am not a dead ass.
    I have invented short cuts , and according to people in management I am the most productive driver at this terminal.
    I know it.
    They know it.
    Yet there are guys on routes who make more than I do because they take more time to do their jobs.
    And I am making a buck an hour more than them for " lead driver " pay.
    I felt I deserved more and went to them asking for what I felt was fair.
    I was told no way and started looking..........immediately.
    The first place I applied at told me I was in , and I submitted my notice..........one week because I was supposed to begin orientation with the new company.
    On my last day , I get a call saying the position I was to train for had been filled.
    Do I stay put in a bad situation ?
    Mostly my pride told me " fuck them " and I did tell them that the new job fell through.........was asked to stay on until I found something else........again , fuck them.........I decided to devote my energies to finding a job that paid what I felt I was worth.
    That started Monday.
    Today ( Wednesday ) I interviewed for two positions and was offered both of them.
    I guess it's good to have options. :jdwink2:
    I accepted one that will get me out of town more , but pay me significantly more.
    I am stoked..........I miss the big road.
    I was spoiled by being home every night , and for another 80.00 a week I would have stayed put.
    But this is too much of a raise to say no to.
    I am bitter that the company would not consider paying more.........it was still well below union scale and I don't think I was being unreasonable.
    But being cheap is a way of life for them.
    I told them that if you pay for mediocrity , that is what you will get.
    And they are O.K. with that I guess.
    So I will be running around south and south east , pulling a reefer and getting into adventures like Cain in Kung Fu.
    Or Sonny and Will in " Movin On ". :bwah::bwah::bwah:
    I did fear change for a minute there , but it worked out pretty well after all.

begreen61, Lapedog and ded i like this.
  2. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

Excellent grammar, as always, but too many........ for my taste. :devilwag:

Lapedog likes this.
  3. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

i am glad to hear you things are working out for you, John. a lot of companies nowadays just look at people as resources to be used and discarded whenever it suits their purposes.what goes around comes around. they will see for themselves.

Lapedog likes this.
  4. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Probably went to Catholic school... :bwah:

Lapedog likes this.
  5. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

Be careful pulling reefer that stuff is still illegal in most states. :eric: ILK

begreen61 and Lapedog like this.
  6. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

Speaking of reefer... If you ever make it out to CO, give me a shout. Dinner's on me.

Congrats - you know your value more that they do. Good choices, all! :thumbsup:

7. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

If you have to make the best of things or the people you with you probably with the wrong things or situation.
    Don't burn your bridges and quietly find a better place is a wise choice :).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
    Lapedog likes this.
  8. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Congrats on the new job!

I was feeling very underpaid and underappreciated a few years ago. Things have changed drastically. Now I sometimes feel a little guilty if I slack off. It's a good feeling. :manganr:

9. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Congratulations, John!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Longest four years of my life. :ropeman:
    K - 3.............the " formative " years. :bwah::bwah::bwah:

Lapedog likes this.
  11. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Congrats on the new job! :thumbsup:

12. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Congratulations on the new job. :thumbsup:

One of the best days of my life was saying goodbye to a company I thought I might work for for the rest of my life. Let go of the comfort and stability of what I knew for the great unknown and it turned out to be a life changing event for the better.

I wish you the same luck.

13. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Congratulations on the move. It is very difficult working for a company that treats you like a commodity.

14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Now, snatch the pebble from my hand, 'asshopper! :bwah:

I think you made the right decision! Good on you!! :thumbsup:

15. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I just earned my commercial B license with air brakes and passenger endorsements, yep I drive a school bus for First Student, part time. I work about 3 hours a day and get paid for 4 minimum. The pay is excellent, has health care if I so choose, has regular raises and retirement which I don't need. Best part time job I've ever had and I have been working part time since 02. After probation is up I think I move up 2 bucks an hour more and you get a bonus for driving a city bus route for the city school district. So around 20 bucks an hour. Should have done this sooner. keepem sharp and congrats on your new job.

16. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

May prosperity find you.

17. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Congrats on the move John. If you are not pleased with your situation move, life is to short to settle.

18. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

That is great news! You gonna start a where in the USA is John thread now??

19. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Back on the road again

[YOUTUBE]Dva8aVJH8uE[/YOUTUBE]

You are too old to be taking shit from anyone.:manganr::thumbsup::devilwag:

20. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

John I am really glad to hear this...; the thought of you having been hobbled over the last couple of years (like a foie gras goose) has been disenchanting. I can't claim to have lost actual sleep over it, but metaphorical sleep--well then, lots!