1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

FUCK THE WORLD OF APPLIANCES

JackBlades Nov 10, 2009

1. JackBlades

JackBlades former cerveca terminador

FUCK THE WORLD OF APPLIANCES!

I bought my new house 2 years ago. Bought all new major appliances, dishwasher, stove, microwave, and installed them before I moved in. The goddamned stove needed a new control board after the first year and now the clock on the GE spacesaver microwave went out. Warranty? one year. Cost to repair? $285

Initial price to purchase? $249

FUCK General Electric. What do they use in these pieces of shit? A fucking Atari from the early 80s still works, but this high-tech POS can't last for a couple hundred hot pockets?

SHIT!

Boogerball likes this.
  2. KNIFE_GIRL

KNIFE_GIRL Knife Wielding Sex Goddess Lady Devil

My two year old stove just took a shit, so to get back at it, I went out and bought a fancy over-priced Wolf. I sure showed that piece of shit :cheesydevil: And I can't even sell a fucking knife on any site to recoup. Life's funny. :ssad:

3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Do you have a watch to time your microwaving? :devil1:

4. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

I've gone through 3 stoves in the last year and half. The first one came with the house, so I don't know how old it was... The oven control went out... part to fix, $90....bought used stove on Craig's list for $70...used that for a year...oven control went out...part to fix, $82. Mom and sister bought us a new stove since we didn't need anymore baby stuff... Yeah, it is new...but I still wonder if I should have just fixed the old one we had in the first place......

5. JackBlades

JackBlades former cerveca terminador

The microwave timing works fine. The magnatron generator works fine. all functions work except the clock and the night light.
    I'll buy a new unit (Whirlpool) before I pay this price to replace the control board.

6. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

+1

I hate GE too. Nothing but problems with anything I bought from them in the past. Haven't bought a GE product in over ten years now, and don't plan on EVER buying anything from them ever again!

7. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

When we had a little water in the basement a couple years back, my dryer got clobbered. It's a really nice dryer, can handle anything from a 5-man tent made of canvas to the flimsiest of delicates, has one of those cabinets on the top for flat-drying sweaters or hanging a bunch of shirts/ slacks and they shake the wrinkles out as they dry, etc.

So we got about two inches of water on that side of the basement, not a lot, but the Maytag puts the board at the bottom now.

$185 later, I'm back in business, and the Maytag guy said he sees a lot of these, almost like the engineers forget that people still put washer/ dryers in the basement most of the time.

8. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

I got a Bosch washing machine that's 12 years old and going strong. Never had a fault.

9. Coolhand68

Coolhand68 ALL Devil all the time

The days of major appliances lasting 30+ years are over. Manufacturers figured they can milk the consumer by building shit with a 5 year life expectancy, otherwise they don't make any money on repeat business if their fridge lasts 30 years. Same with cars and just about anything else electronic or made with moving parts.

10. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

We bought our house 15 years ago with all appliances included.
    Within a year , we had replaced the washer , dryer , refrigerator and hot water heater.
    The gas stove from the late 50's ?
    Still works like a motherfuckin champion.
    The furnace has held up too , but that was new when we bought.
    Cars are made fairly well these days and will last if you do basic maintenance.
    Electronics ?
    Forget it.
    Appliances ?
    Worse.
    I thought our washer ( the new one ) had taken a shit on us.
    I went to Sears to look at new ones and talked to the salesman .......he had been at this for a long time.
    He told me to try replacing the drive collar on the transmission.
    15.00 later , we were good to go.
    They use a nylon collar and it ages and will crack and fail after three to four years.
    As long as we as consumers take this shit , we will continue to be fed it.
    You cannot tell me that G.E. , Whirlpool and the rest were not making money before ............ just not enough of it.
    Gordon Gekko was a fucking liar.

11. zr24x4er

zr24x4er Huge member

You have a part # off the board or a good picture of the board ?
    I'll see if I can find one with the right info.

12. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Holy shit... you have a magnatron generator! :devilzeek You can rule the world with one of those suckers! Just tweak it's positron output beacon just a tad, set to stun and get ready for a bit of fun.

13. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

Ah well, yesterday my washing machine was making some very strange noises, today it has conked out, dead as a dodo, deceased and demised ,it is an ex washing machine.

Got nearly 13 years out of it.

RIP Bosch WIP2004 with super wash and rinse hold, even though I never figured out how to use you, my wife will miss you terribly...........:bwah:

14. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I've got a GE dishwasher, middle of the road for them. It is piece of shit too. Doesn't dry correctly, and half the time it doesn't get the dishes very clean. Truly unremarkable piece of shit. keepem sharp

15. beelzy

beelzy epic tip snapper

I gave up on buying quality appliances years ago. I buy the common less pricey
    ones because it's easier to find the replacement parts for them, and at a decent
    price.

All I can say is thank the Devil that I am mechanically inclined and don't have to
    pay for a Service Tech to do the work.

As for GE, unless it's a Mini-Gun don't buy it! :bwah:

tubtar likes this.
  16. Katwyld

Katwyld Devil Doll Lady Devil

That's what ya get for bragging on it. :manganr: heheh Sorry to hear it, though. Always sucks when a machine goes out. I'm hoping our oven is the next (first?) thing to go... I hate that thing. Not too thrilled with the dish washer, either, but that's Jon's job and he doesn't seem to mind it so...

And... um... should I be worried? Most of our new equipment for the new imaging facility they built for us is GE equipment. :ropeman:

17. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

"FUCK THE WORLD OF APPLIANCES"

[youtube]XFdiDif8_5U[/youtube]

18. KnifeWife

KnifeWife Little member Lady Devil

My house was built in the late 80's and I have a 1970's GE stove and it is still kicking like no tomorrow. They just don't make things like they use to. The little clock on my stove still works too! Now it may look like crap but I can't complain too much. When I bought my Washer and Dryer I asked the lady at Lowes and she was very frank with me which I appreciated. We ended up getting the GE front loaders. I have had no problem with them at all. In fact.... I love them!

Shay

19. Anchorblew

Anchorblew Title? What's a title?

I refuse to ever buy anything GE ever. Before buying my current place, I was renting a condo... the land lord put over $600 into repairing that POS when she only paid $400 for it originally. My parents have a very similar fridge, they started having shit melt in there fridge (i.e. - plastic components), turns out the doors weren't balanced so it wouldn't shut completely and the light stayed on... which heated up very hot.

I could name a couple other stories about GE, but those one's would only make me angry to think about them. Good riddance to ever owning GE again. Nothing but POS.