1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Friday update 2/13

M.Olexey Feb 13, 2009

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Friday update.... :tgif:

Added the next step to the WIP thread here

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?p=567784#post567784

you can see the pikal is coming along in the pic below so I'll be updating that thread soon....
    [​IMG]

Finished up a little Vallentines Day/B-day gift for my wife. One of my small clip points with some kind of dyed wood for scales.....

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.....

mo

potterma likes this.
  2. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

Nice Job:jdsmokin: waiting for more:popcorn:

M.Olexey likes this.
  3. JMCNEES

JMCNEES knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Very nice:wes:

M.Olexey likes this.
  4. Paul Mathews

Paul Mathews knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Beats the hell out of flowers that will have wilted in a couple of days. Looking good, Martin! Did you do the sheath as well?

M.Olexey likes this.
  5. M.Olexey

Thanks brother. Yea, I did the sheath too.

mo

6. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Great knife for the wife.....

7. potterma

potterma Huge member

Mmmmm..... Pikal..... :jdsmokin:

Nice little clip point, too!

M.Olexey likes this.
  8. wildman

wildman Huge member

I can't stand it.

You make too many functional and cool knives. Yes, I am a knife addict going through the 12 step program. I have to buy 12 more knives. Help me Martin.:cadi:

M.Olexey likes this.
  9. M.Olexey

Everything's gonna be alright....

I'm here to help :wes: :ronl:

mo

10. theMachine

theMachine Huge member

That pikal is going to be soo badass!

Nothings better then the gift of knives, especially a custom. Once I get better (and more efficient), I need to make some as gifts.

Off topic: Have you ever at one point cut out the general shape from flatstock with a angle grinder instead of the bandsaw you use now? I have a little grinder and it doesn't have enough torque or abrasives to knock off to much steel. I'm tired of using the hacksaw for hours just to get a rough shape but can't afford a decent bandsaw yet. Thinking I could most the dirty work with a angle grinder and clean it off with my grinder.

11. M.Olexey

Giving a knife you make away is about as satisfying as it gets.

I've never tried it but the angle grinder should work. Just by stock as close to size as possible. Another decent option is bimetal blades in a sawzall. If you don't have one you can usually find a beater at a pawn shop or garage sale pretty cheap.

If you have a 2X72 grinder you can also remove a lot of stock fast with 40 grit ceramic belts going full speed. In fact on smaller stuff I sometimes dont even bother with the bandsaw and just grind to shape with the 40's.

mo