1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Friday Night Flips

Andy T Mar 7, 2014

1. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

I was thinking about trying to get a little vid tonight, nothing special, just trying to practice up a bit for the upcoming comp. I also noticed that not everyone feels comfortable competing- as evidenced by the low beginner turn out in the comp placement thread that Owl Man started.

Soooo, I wondered if guys would be interested in participating in a Friday Night Flip? Yes, I borrowed most of that name from BT that hosts Friday Night Fights from time to time- and they are awesome, but instead of a competition, this is more of just a post up a flip vid that you shot today/tonight.

No rules, No time limit, Editing, or no editing..anything goes. The only thing I ask is do the vid today/tonight. It can be anything you want to post with you flipping a Bali.

Let's get some vids going here and just have some fun.:thumbsup:

Also, comments/feedback are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    Joker188 and Burnt Reynolds like this.
  2. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm always looking for a reason to make a video, I mite have some free time later, I'll throw up some of my crappy practice footage:manganr: wanna try out this new editing software anyway:thumbsup:

Ronin0821 likes this.
  3. Andy T

Sweet! Your flipping is BadAss.

Hope guys take this opportunity to post a vid, filming your flipping and posting vids make you better. Don't worry about if you think your vid/flipping isn't as good as someone else's, I have posted some of the worst vids on JDBA:manganr:, but it's helped me improve.

My vid soon.

4. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[video=youtube;c8b5TqZyXds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8b5TqZyXds[/video]

5. Andy T

Here's mine
    [video=youtube;0dvf5G6jQd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dvf5G6jQd0[/video]

XamaX and VANELLI like this.
  6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

is andys beard better then ryanols beard?

can we get a vs thread?

7. Andy T

Ry wins hands down.:thumbsup: I hope you and Ry can throw a quick vid in here, I have read about flippers needing more content- and that is true. Just trying to get a little something going here with a respectful nod to BT.

8. MTXCraze

I wouldn't say its BadAss by any means but thanks for the complement:thumbsup: and your flipping is much better than you think, Andy:jdwink2:

But to all the bali-noobs out there don't be afraid to post up a video it really does help you improve. It puts on some pressure to flip your best. then when your watching yourself flip you can see what area's need improving. Post up some footage people:devilwag:

9. towel28

towel28 Level: True Devil

Sick Idea Andy I would green you now but you know the deal, hope this thread keeps popping up....

Ill try and get a quickie in before I go out tonight but my camera is shiiit. I have an upgrade that I am dying to use but am going to hold out for the LG G3 coming next month.

Andy T likes this.
  10. jjhamilton

Don't tell me Andy & I are the only ones that are going to post vids!!
    I locked myself in the bathroom to record this specifically for this thread!!!

Andy T likes this.
  11. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

shure i'll play

enjoy my lameness

[video=youtube;RrnSVxRuNPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnSVxRuNPQ[/video]

12. Andy T

SERIOUSLY? Lameness? Nothing lame about that!

13. hannam72

hannam72 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Heres my first ever video. Its nothing special but I figured I'd finally record something.
    [video=youtube;6r92hu36WKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r92hu36WKM[/video]

14. MTXCraze

Mine is coming, I had a Blue screen of Death while it was saving:ross:

And DeepSkyyz that was sick:thumbsup:

15. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

[YOUTUBEHD]m7mxPumX-no[/YOUTUBEHD]

If you would have hung out you could have seen my glorious beard .

Burnt Reynolds likes this.
  16. jjhamilton

Wow DeepSkyyz!! Nothing lame bout that!!:thumbsup:

17. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Guys, come on now.

It's way past Christmas and I saw him peeking. :shitunot:

:lafflol:

(BTW) Great show. :thumbsup:

:manganr:

MTXCraze likes this.
  18. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Pretty tight for sure....anybody else think he was gonna scissor van Gogh that second time?

19. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Huh!? You look nothing like your avatar... apart from the Asian thing. :bwah:

The flipping was pretty cool (I like transfers)... but what gives with the wobble on the camera?

20. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looking good Andy!

Next step, try catching one handle with the aerials and fan out of it... or try some scissoring:madaddy: