1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

Great win by Vettel in an otherwise boring race overall.

2. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Could be boring again, unless it rains! Pray for an inundation! Vettel just has the better car. Surprise with Hulkenberg in P3 on the grid. Hamilton made one of his few errors, going off the track, then getting blocked by Sutil and not making it out of Q2. Again, pray for rain!

3. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

Boring beyond my expectations. Another impressive drive by Vettel.
    Hopefully Singapoore will be more fun to watch...

4. made2cut

made2cut Cocked & Locked

Yup, I didn't have much hope for the race when Seb had a .6 sec advantage in quali and practice. Bad race for Lotus but Webber & Massa put in a pretty good showing.

5. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

I just read that Ferrari might be very close to signing Kimi for next season.
    I don't know what I would give to hear his reaction when they tell him on the radio that "Fernando is faster than you. Do you understand?".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  6. jujigatame

jujigatame Slanted & Enchanted

Rob Smedley and Kimi...now that's a match made in heaven. :manganr:

7. made2cut

made2cut Cocked & Locked

Probably something along the lines of "Shut up, I KNOW what I'm doing!" :manganr:

8. jujigatame

9. made2cut

made2cut Cocked & Locked

I feel bad for Massa but his performance has really been poor since 2008. I think Ferrari gave him ample opportunity to turn things around. I was kinda of shocked to see those stats below, it's been a long time since he has put up those kind of numbers.

Massa's career at Ferrari

Starts: 132
    Wins: 11
    Podiums: 36
    Poles: 15
    Fastest laps: 14

10. jujigatame

After Rubens' spring hit him in the head at Hungary it just hasn't been the same. I don't think anyone really holds that against Felipe but Ferrari knows they need stronger results and it's time to look elsewhere. He's a good guy and hopefully he can find a decent seat somewhere else.

11. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

I think Ferrari can only blame themselves for pushing Kimi into retirement in order to sign Alonso while keeping Massa.

Latest news: Massa won't be driving a Ferrari next year (unless he buys a road car).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  12. jujigatame

13. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

"Reacquaint myself..." :bwah:

14. jujigatame

More like this...

IcomebacktotheteamwhereIracebeforeandwonthechampionship.

Itisgoodbecausethecheckshereprobablywon'tbounceliketheyweredoingatLotus.

Havingtocallthebankbecauseyourpaycheckwasnogoodisarealpainintheass.

LorenzoL likes this.
  15. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

Apparently that won't happen, Rob Smedley is rumored to be heading to Williams.

16. jujigatame

Too bad. That could have been some comedy gold.

17. made2cut

made2cut Cocked & Locked

18. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

I can just hear it now.

Spoken firmly with an Italian accent over race radio:

"Fernando, Kimi is faster than you!"

19. made2cut

made2cut Cocked & Locked

Another snoozer race for the win. Lots of action back in the pack at the end with the different tire strategies though. I think somebody put a hex on Webber. Not only does his engine blow on the last lap (wonder if it was pneumatic issues like Grosjean had?) but they docked him 10 grid spots for the next race because of the ride he got from Alonzo. I think he's ready for that Porsche ride.

20. jujigatame

Yeah, if one ignored that first place was a foregone conclusion the rest of the action was decent. Kimi had a good run with a nifty pass on Jenson.

Nico and Lewis seemed to be at the end of their rope towards the latter laps of the race. I think they both expected better, even knowing Vettel was pretty much untouchable.

The Webber penalty seems a bit much but the FIA is not known for having an actual sense of humor.