1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Folder knife conflict. This should be in factory knives or a different forum

Sharpazzhell Jul 14, 2019

1. thatsagoodcut

thatsagoodcut Little Member

:2tonheavy:

The ZT 0450 that are on ebay and anodized are real, just professionally anodized to try and sell them. Currently ZT has a better warranty turnaround and communication, and if thats most important to you that is overall the company I'd choose at this time. However, given the choice of a ZT 0450 or a Benchmade 940 (which is what I think you're referring to) I personally prefer the Benchmade and the BM940 is one of only a very few number of knives from that company I'd even recommend, however generally I'd recommend many more in the ZT brand; and I also prefer the steel on the ZT 0450 (s35vn) for sharpening.

Spyderco's aren't going to go up in value, generally. They're mass produced, their market strategy is to try and make sprint runs in every steel imaginable to target collectors that have to catch them all.

WE knives are generally very high quality, as a company they're growing and growing and producing more and more folders for "American" companies, nearly all of FerrumForge knives you'll find as of late are mass produced by WE, and they're partnering with more and more all the time - their machining and materials are crazy for the prices sometimes, but I'm guessing they pay whatever type of labor they have over there very little to be as competitive as they are. These are high quality knives but they will only go down in value, as WE re-uses scale patterns on other brands like CV, making their higher end stuff less valuable as they flood multiple lower-end levels of the market with the same patterns and ideas. Good knives but they do not hold any value.

Uh, out of the two or three assisted ones you listed the LUDT is the one I'd choose, its the best carry of those options, but I'm real confused because you listed a bugout which isn't assisted.

I avoid CRKT, personally.

If your main question is what has more value in the future, the zt0450 or the bm940, uhhhhhhhhh I'd say both the same just because of benchmade fanboys, but my ACTUAL advice is that ZT is the better company to deal with and the ZT has a better blade steel, and better handle material (titanium) and is the better deal.

I did my best, goodluck.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  2. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

Yea I went with the ZT 0450 regular silver . I probly woulda went for a hex pattern or something like that if I woulda known that they were legit however stonewash I dont like even though it hides scratches more than say chrome ryworx i have. So i went for silver. The crossbones that's something I will keep in the car basically. So since the 940 is like a 100 something 199 $188 I decided to go with a regular Jeff cut or Kaiser bsiglifterr for now which is like $56. And then I'll get um like I said before the bench made bug out which is similar but not the same as Osborne. However I heard it's making waves so I was watching the review to about Gerber fastball And the guy specifically mentioned in the review cutlery lover he was like once again this is a Garber Garber knife thsts a good knife. Spidyercos I love that are thin on both sides bc if you sharpen a false edge
    Make surecits 1/4 inch or hill het get cut even when it's close . I did that with my decimus kershaw. Only a quarter inch is really sharp near the point but the whole back side has a blade on it but it's not sharp so but people don't know that and soul mates it also look in timid dany it's a dagger style to and that's not really made for cutting. I just had to have fun with it. I would never do it on a bali bc the other side should be false. I did it on my 11" kriss bc that's a china knife. But its saids the one and US never made a knife like that. So Basically in my state you're allowed to have stuff as a collection but once you shopping that back edge on assisted folder becomes fully aso I rather have a bench made bug out and a Gerber and my birthday which is coming up in September 15th Alas for in advance and I'll get the smock. Also the Ontario rat. The one with the better steel looks nice. Cause I've had governor in the past and personally I did not like their flipper 1A had I forgot what it's called. It was an assisted but put it this way the mire CO matrix Jeff hall design place which is assisted and will close smoothbdor bearings.was 1 of my favorites and the Humvee as assisted for budget. Also the Kershaw barricade I would say is the best rescue knife on a budget that works. But I've had that thing like 2 or 3 times And sold it...

3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Anyone name some production knives that went up in value? I know a few zt have and maybe a few sprint runs of this or that. a few protechs that are really not production knives ...

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  4. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

I want to be helpful.

But your posts hurt to read, and I read at least three languages.

Glad you found your knife.

Keep it sharp.

obi

5. Sharpazzhell

I see on YouTube the gerber fast. A lot of videos and the benchmade lost or something but I know zt has limited editions with certification which costs like 350$. I sent ti field and streams and I showed him 0450 , the worker hes like " I want that knife" they had a similar one but not that one so I would say ZT is on top. As in flipper knives except custom ones.

6. Sharpazzhell

AWESOME JOB AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH

YOU ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND BASED ON FACTS TOO LIKE IM NOT GONNA LIE THE 940 GREENE OSBORNE LOOKS COOL AS FUCK AND HAS QUALITY. HOWEVER I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS IF YOU Dont mIND ANSWERING?

7. Sharpazzhell

Ok I watched reviews and I'm really broke so for now I was looking for a Kizer to keep or a jeff cut to keep as great budget EDC knives.? Now I was going to get an Osborne around 188$? So I said to myself youtube has a ton a reviews on the gerber fast specifically that it s completion with benchmade. I was thinking instead of the Osborne. Get a benchmade bugout and a gerber fastball? What do u think and these knives have great materials and what would be a smart collector's move Osborne 940 green or those 2?

Next is fir a birthday present from my wife in Sept what would be a mother great collectors item with same quality. Spyderco smock specifically, benchmade 1stvprod run serial # 591 boost, buy or stick with ZT 's. Like get the limited edition ones and the colored ones?.If she can afford it maybee a chris Reeves Reeves sebenza but doub it.

FYI THE CRKT CROSSBONES LOOKS LIKE A GOOD SELF DEFENSE KNIFE although I'm with thr karambit. I used to collect those too but I sold them because any karambit can do damage
    For autos I will post in automatic section.

8. Sharpazzhell

9. Sharpazzhell

And what do you think about that bench made 591 boost generally as a specific 9th as a first production run as a limited edition serial number and it has of prying tip where you can pry open stuff but to me I would sharpen it So you can have both kind of how do you think the future of that 1 is because I do like that color black and red and I will get that probably over the barrage but I don't know which one would be worth more in the future?

10. thatsagoodcut

Again, the 940 and 0450 are both great knives, but for the same price the 0450 has a better blade steel, a better handle material, and the company warranty turnaround and service that ZT provides is much faster. Benchmade is only the same price for lower quality materials because you pay the Benchmade tax.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  11. thatsagoodcut

If you're looking for a present for your wife, get her a Pink Mini Griptilian, you can find them cheap and they're reliable.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...Desc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=doug+ritter+griptilian

12. thatsagoodcut

I think a $200 folder with a "Versaflex" handle is some dumb out of touch benchmade bullshit, thats what I think.

13. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

I think we need to rephrase:

If you are "investing" in productions knives, you are really NOT going to do well reselling.

Even with customs, it's hit or miss. But production knives should be bought on the basis of quality for their intended use...or for collecting for the sake of it. These are rules for sanity, and good use of your money.

I am only a relative elder here...no where near the seniority of some. But I have been on JD long enough to remember the days of Striders...and Hinderers that commanded crazy after market prices. Several years after I joined, it was BM42s that started selling for 200, then 300...and when the first one went for 400 new in box and folks got all shitty about. If you knew then that balisongs would blow up like they have, you could have had 20 grails at cost or below and look like a sultan now. But if you bought a bunch of LatestHypeSharp Knives because of something you read in Blade magazine only to find out she stopped making knives and is gone in two years...well, that's reality.

Love of knives is good. Trying to make money on knives...well, that's alot harder. I'd venture to guess the best you should hope for is amassing a collection that breaks even and leaves you with a few to enjoy for life.***

***Unless you own and manage the best knife forum on planet Earth...then maybe.

14. Sharpazzhell

Well don't get me from I mean like the ones I'm selling I know I could get back money on the ryworx omeni chrome and satsuma, fly 51 v2 complete, brs premium rep, brs alpha beast, bear songv4 thecbog blue one. Bradley MIB AND FILE Olsen #4, maxace gauss, Nathan dewey deviantv1/1, HOM Spector's EVO, PURPLEGOOLD TITANIUM sweet , dogbite GREEnand I keep a jaguar. But those are the ones I'm not selling. And now the ZT. IM BROKE ANYWAY. For my birthday I'll ask for a les vorhees or something like a 52 or arch angel. The knives listed above are my do not sell knives and yea.

Like I said I sold my blue 51 to afford the flytanium v2 complete whichbi have now also.I get you but it's too much money to afford these customs chuck g.

The bennchmade buyout, kizer or Gerber fastball I'm actually looking at that for EDCs. Thsts why I asked which you think is better the bug out or Gerber fast ball?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  15. Sharpazzhell

I get it. But what would you recommend as a good custom likecavreeves sebenza?

16. Sharpazzhell

Like those butterfly knifes t with the knuckle handle that flips open like a butterfly knife or a like my super knife auto.I usually use them and keep them around the house for Like self defense just like I use though city autos for self defense and assisted stuff to carry in my car but I'm asking what's a good EDC the Gerber or bug out. 0 tolerance I'm gonna collect that because in the future they discontinued knives like crazy and what do you know when they may turn out like the bradleys. Like I know what you're saying like that's why I'm asking the question I'm going to be using either the bug out or the Gerber and real using it if I get the job and put in on rounds grounds I mean so what would you prefer? The reeves will be a present. I'd love to trade a Reeve for the bear 7

17. Sharpazzhell

That's why I solddmy factory production knives and even certain customs you have to watch for. Thsts why I'm selling my bear 7. Ib.ossed that and the 4. But the 4 blue ano I wouldI might flip with bear song 4. So i didnt put it up yet. The 11" kriss in s good bo adhesive china knife that I put a double edge on and this knuckle assisted knife thsts all steel. The rest areclior aluminum. I would love to hsve those iod flick balis with a kriss blade.

18. Sharpazzhell

19. Sharpazzhell

I'm with both topics about factory knives going up in value as well as a factory knives by guessing and thsts 90% like who knows the future.

20. Sharpazzhell

Also you missed one question this if the gerber fast draw did beat the bench made would that make that factory knife rise in value if it's a was discontinued?