1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Folder knife conflict. This should be in factory knives or a different forum

Sharpazzhell Jul 14, 2019 at 1:35 PM

1. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

I've done research and still dont know that. This is for the people who know about folder knives whether its assisted,,bearing, folder, or auto. Since I been out the store I've realized that there are folders that are collectable and have bearings that can cone out just as fast. Plus I can put an edge on the false side. Right now let's take out protech and micro tech bc they are good but too much for me to afford. Plus o had a strider 3 auto. I can see the quality.

Ok so far ZT 0450 or benchmade Osbourne green? There both great but inlokr ZT FLOW. But when it comes to value in the future which one would be low supply with high demand? Also the ZT 0450 looks cool as silver. But I see ones on Ebay with the 188$ price range with different colors like spectrum, anodized purple. Now are those still real ZT's just the seller may have had it reanodized? I know balis they do but I don't know about folders?

Next would it be a good idea to get a spyderco meerkat limited run? I know they have one flipper knife that has 3 ways to open it from the magazine. They have not that many flippers but they have one that can be open 3 different ways. I want that one but will that rise in value? Than dragonfly ,para 4, and preliminary?

Next WE KNIVES FROM CHINA which are sold on hq? And I held a couple of them one was smooth the other one wasnt? I thought people hate china knives and look hq has the WE KNIVES company. I collected autos at one point. Most were stilettos Frank b solid lock up kriss. So well not talk about that. But you can ask begreen61 who hates China knives. I sent him one of the best China brand auto that's called super knife. It solid lockup, no wobble sharp and nice spring. Are WE KNIVES a good company for fir cOLLectable company or should I stay away from it?

Now benchmade barrage black and silver one whichbis the most expensive but its assisted. Now they have a cla auto are those good and the blue looking auto? Also the bug out and their bearing knives as well. So barrage or bearing benchmade? OR if anyone knows microtect LUDT VS THE BLUE VOLLI AUTO? I know quality's there I'm asking about future value? And also piranha knives. They look cool but are they only for people who have money bc they look cool. But I believe they have no value too? Like if I bought it and sold it in here would it sell for at least the price you brought it?

Next up CRKT. I MISSED THERE auto coversion tighecoon. Is that worth value? I believe the conversion bucks people admire better too than the new buck autos? So would you go with a buck 110 bowie , or the auto ir buy a crkt DEVIATION ?

Thsnks I know there's a lot on the market and there's a lot of knives that are best brands and inconsistent such as Meyerco. But their assisted matrix. I loves that Jeff hall design. Will that rise in value since the matrix is out of stock,?I'm just acquiring information but when it comes down to it I'm either going for a bench may barrage or my number one is going to be A ZT0450 Or the Osborne witch you have to get used to opening it but just hold the button hold the release button-down and then swing it out to so and it looks nice with the green so what do you guys think let me know. There were several questions I ask so you don't have to answer every single one if it's 1 you know like the 1st 1 the osbourn versus the 0 4 50 Which one has better value in the future?.got a lot going for them. I already know protec M microtech are up there but I know China's destroying them but at the same time that's where I Used to get pist off but I'm different now I just said weird China for the WE KNIVES COMPANY. On bladehq. Oh I firgot Kizer flippers and gerbera. What do you guys think?

someone who only collects these knives would know.

I've held both. One

2. Sharpazzhell

Deleted

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 3:35 PM
  3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Dude... I was going to help you out, but I fell asleep trying to read the wall of text.

TheChemist, Samb, Klyuchak and 3 others like this.
  4. Sharpazzhell

I've held both a bench made Osborne the green folder knife that runs on bearings and the Zero tolerance 0450. I' Now when it comes to future value or which will rise as in low supply and high demand. There all good quality. I was going to go with the ZT 0450. However they have anodized ones on ebay. Are those real or fake? and if you had to pick one whi h would you pick ZT 0450, Benchmade Osbourne, or Benchmade barrage(silver and black one), or spyderco tropen? Sorry for the long convo.

5. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

6. Sharpazzhell

Thank you so much. I'm gonna get that and check this out it's sold out like everywhere

7. Sharpazzhell

8. Sharpazzhell

9. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

The eBay example is 50 dollars more than the one on the Mighty JD. I am NOT an expert on ZT knives, but those on eBay look legit. I think KAI is part of their company name?

Not sure what the hesitation is if that's your knife? 50 dollars on top of what could be a 130 dollar knife is nearly 40% more on eBay versus buying from a fellow devil.

"one nights KAI version witches like mera Polish I guess" is a great observation. Good eye.

obi

10. Scott Meers

Scott Meers Little Member

KAI Group owns ZT, also Kershaw. If the seller on eBay is BladesWeLove, then it is definitely legit. The 0450, 0452, 0460, 0462 are some of the nicest ZT's in my opinion. They are all production versions of Dmitry Sinkevich knives and have CPM 20cv blades.

Edit: 0462 has CPM 20cv, the others are S35VN. ZT as a whole is moving to CPM 20cv in their newer knives though.

11. Sharpazzhell

12. Sharpazzhell

No it's not blades we love but this has serial numbered as I notice some are shady. I'll stick with gpknives. Thanks

13. Sharpazzhell

I've seen the silver one and you can take a chrome or mirror finish to that. Its,nc they do have limited edition ones on ebay that are 354$ so Zt is doing styles like the kai one is stonewashed mirror all the way. I saw it at the store but some kid had it and it just had something to it. I go to field and streams and I go to have this. Worker goes " I want that knife thsts when I was the osborne. That's a nice EDC TOO BZUT I BOUGHT ZT. Since we have WE KNIfe company. I bet china can produce thec0450 without any blemish and work the same and you wouldn't know. Ksibthst obecseens legit I'm just not a stonewash person I'm a hot blue red silver satin person so the kai looks good but is rather go with the classic look. Thank you everyone for your help. I might get an osborne panda smock than I'll have some great ass edc knivss

14. Sharpazzhell

OK I found out a out 0 tolerance has limited additions that I see on eBay that have the certificate of aunthenticy that are like $350 for the 0450. They also have been making the KAI version which means stone wash mira which means people who like stone wash intead of silver can get it.which actually isn't my favorite but it is good when it comes to scratches and stuff it doesn't scratch so easily or blends in easily. So if you're into that you should get it but I got the original silver one and be Careful of the colored ones because I was looking at 1 colored 1. And the serial number wasn't clear. Some don't have serial numbers on them but I don't know if they're real or not but I know that GP knives I left a note making sure that a had serial number on it and they showed a video of it so I picked a silver 1. Next them going for and Osborne. However I'm not buying it on eBay because I was looking at the clones review and I'd buy it from a hq or something. I Saw some weird S seller he has a brand new bench made Osborne and he has the retail Box and I emailed him why can't you send a retail Box is this description says no retail Box. So just be careful but I know that KAI if you look at them a lot and watch them they actually thought you lower offers of like $177. So for me for the first KAi when yiu type it in. It will show first. so I pretty sure those are legit because. Even some of the colored ones are legit to but some of them are not.so be careful because I was looking on dhgate.com at 0 tolerance knives and I found one I was had like about 30 reviews comparisons and they were very similar in steals and have tons if zero tolerance folders, benchmade recently I've seen a trainer barebones. so just be careful on eBay I'm talking about.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM
  15. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sharpazzhell likes this.
  16. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Linos likes this.
  17. Sharpazzhell

18. Sharpazzhell

I already decided and I went for the 0 tolerance the silver one on Gpknives.com. I'm going to get next the smock Dan if I have money in the future I might buy a Osborn but I might just buy the clone instead is the ship cost money to I mean folders are easy at the clean and on my knives right now are all original no more selling maybe I make it rid of one more if I'm able to put a dogbite bsli together. I had the green one and I can make 1 of my own that will be great but if anything that's next knife I would sell that's it the rest are all there and I've been getting into folders now because they're a lot more let's say easier to clean. I can always put those of the one say you plot like double edges and everything like that period I have a Kershaw Decimus made by hinder and its dagger style and I put a double sided blade on it and my 11" too. Always remember don't do that on the knife especially of daylight because if we my bro in its value or a most likely will grow in its value but on like a cheap auto like super knife yeah I put a double-edge on the smock only on top and 1/4 inch since cuts a wharcliff blade. Maybe just top

19. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

What happened to the post that asked about putting knives in a dishwasher? I swear I saw it somewhere. I might have just been huffing too much paint. I like Ikoma. But are those folders or flippers? I'm not talking about the folders you use in school to keep your paper and homework. I'm talking about knives that are called folders. I still don't know why one is called folders and others are called flippers. Just to be clear when I say flippers I'm talking about knives not the things you use to swim with. Not snorkels but flippers. I know this is in the balisong section so I'm a bit confused about it being in here and not the folders section. Again, I'm talking about knives and not the school folders. Yesterday I bought a ground beef and a can of Manwich. I had it for dinner. After that I had to do the dishes. I'm bringing that up because it reminds me of the dishwasher question that I previously brought up. I'm positive I saw that post so if the moderators could help to verify that it would be much appreciated. I don't think I'm going crazy at all. But those are the people I don't mess with. Crazy people will do crazy things. They shouldn't carry any folders or flippers. Once again, I'm talking about knives and not the school folders or things you use to swim with. Crazy people can carry those folders if they have loose paper. They can also use flippers if they want to go swimming. But that would be silly if you have a life jacket on. But I think crazy people should be able to have whatever they want because I don't want them to get mad. I don't like a mad crazy person. But they shouldn't be carrying knives. That is a smart move if you ask me. That or any kind of dangerous weapons. Folders and flippers are dangerous weapons. This includes the school folder because in the right hands anything can be a dangerous weapon. Also flippers hurt if you get slapped with them. I like being slapped. Not by flippers though. If I get slapped by a flipper it would hurt. I'm talking about the knife even though both would hurt a lot. If I had more money I would buy Ikoma. The Guardian Angel is one of the greatest folder ever made. Or is that a Korth. Korth and Ikoma have worked together. I use to own several Korths. I think they make IKBS. The BS stands for ball bearings and not bullshit. The I and the K stand for Ikoma and Korth. They make very good knives. They make balisongs and folders and flippers. Not the school folders or the swimming gear. In this situation I'm talking about the knives but I'm not sure if they make folders. Those might specifically be called flippers.

***I like Ikoma

20. Sharpazzhell

Yes we are talking about flipper knives, Zero tolerance 0450, osborne, spyderco smock , crkt tigh flipper, crkt deviation, and they all run on bearing system. This thread should be in factory knives. And YES I swear I read on a different forum that a person said you can clean your knife only once awhile , but not all the time in a dishwasher with the cleaning ingredients. He said make sure you oil pivots,washers, use protectant and make sure there is no water left. and I was reading it yes and I said I would put it to the test with a cheap ccc folder knige and a ccc Bali. I I took it off because I thought people would be like what a stupid question. It I did read it. Csnt remember but I did read about it. But yes flippers that run on bearings. I know the barrage is assisted. To me they are a different category, but similar in they can both come out fast. And I was talking about the KAIS are legit. And that Ebay seller has alot if feedback and the knife is serial numbered. The spyderco smock has a nice price range of 166$ with a wharcliff blade. Ooh I'd love to sharpen that flat part. Flippers, folders , karambit are more dangerous than a balisong. Folders have finger grips, Karambits have holes, and this us just my OPINION AND yes we should stay on topic. So for the autos go with Ludt vs a buck vs the ansutomy 2. That will be for the auto section. But I think I'm making a smart move waiting for the smock vs buying Osborne. Your opinion?