1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

We spent a good hour setting up the gf's foam bed in my bedroom yesterday. Now I'm drinkin' my 3 fingers of bbb while she puts in a hard 12 1/2 hour night. I'll be sleepin' alone tonight. The bed ain't that comfortable... it seems to 'dip' down on my side of the bed and make me 'roll' towards the edge. Maybe this is some strange plan of her doing! I'm going to sleep on her side of the bed tonight. Looks like I got some adjusting of this bed to do in the morning. :devilroll: I'm tired and Jimmy Fallon ain't that funny! :unintroduced: Be good and enjoy the long weekend. :thumbsup:

2. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

Gary, remember one thing: Inflatable Girl Friends never make a lot of demands. :bwah: :bruce:

Clydetz likes this.
  3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

"Sister Theresa, The Inflatable Party Nun"

(she has nasty habits...:manganr:)

4. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

:bobert:

Bruce, glad you're back...:manganr:

5. Clydetz

Mine does! She always wants to be on top. Good to see you posting Bruce. :thumbsup:

6. BruceB

BruceB Huge member

For Bruce

Geezer hit it on the head. That is a great gag line! I must be Bruce the Third in NJ but I guess I have not seen your name lately so welcome back!

BruceB

7. waterdogs

Gary,
    Foam matresses require a rigid, platform-type base to function properly. What are you using ?

8. Clydetz

She has had this foam mattress, box spring, bed frame & headboard set up before. We just have to start from scratch and make sure all the proper adjustments get made so everything is in sync. Thank God it wasn't a water bed! :manganr:

aBadMojo likes this.
  9. aBadMojo

aBadMojo Level: True Devil

GotDamn!! Sounds like your working on your car. :bobert:

Clydetz likes this.
  10. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Don't you go making any other type of foam,on that new mattress, while Mo's at work Gary!!!

:manganr:

11. waterdogs

THIS is the problem....you`re not supposed to use a box spring with a foam mattress. If you don`t believe me, slide a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood between the foam and the box spring, I think you`ll see the difference for yourself.

Clydetz likes this.
  12. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Waterdogs nailed it Gary. Have never seen a foam mattress that uses anything but a platform.

Not enough support. Like sleeping on a marshmallow...

Clydetz likes this.
  13. Clydetz

Well last night I had it! Kept sliding off my side of the bed while Mo enjoyed a nice restful sleep. 1:30 in the morning I headed for the living room sofa! After I made a breakfast of cheese omelet, some bacon and 1/2 corn muffin for both of us, we tore that bed right down to the metal rails. Found our problem, fixed it and now we are back in business! :thumbsup: There is what I would call a box... no springs. Slats of wood made up the platform. Our problem was that we had the slats on the rails instead of the box + the headboard is not wide enough to make use of the rails adjusting bolts. Live & learn. I'm going to bed for a nap while Mo heads to her home to get ready for work tonight. ZZZzzz​zzzzzz

14. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Gary why don't you set up a live web cam for all of us to watch. That way you don't have to post a thread and we can just look in now and then to see how things are going.

Think of it as the JD version of Osborne's Family Values or Gene Simmons Reality show :bwah: :D :poke:

Clydetz likes this.
  15. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I agree

Clydetz likes this.
  16. Clydetz

It would be quite boring, I assure you.
    Mo had to go to work last night so I got to try out the rebuilt bed by myself. I was watching the TV and fell into a deep sleep within 15 minutes. It was a great night of sleep! :thumbsup: If that's the sort of thing you want to watch, I guess I could go to Radio Shack and get a web cam for your enjoyment. The dogs won't like it though! :ross:

17. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Not to worry Gary. I also find those shows very boring. I never choose to watch them but other members of my family seem to be addicted to those reality shows.

18. Clydetz

The foam bed is also very comfortable with 2 people and 1 dog. The other dog sleeps under the bed. :manganr: