1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

FN Five Seven Pistol Review and Body Armor Test

Dutchtracker Sep 14, 2017

1. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Down For Life Brigade Member

CDR_Glock, hickory and stdlrf11 like this.
  2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I never saw that video before I acquired mine. Excellent review. One thing I wonder is the velocity he quoted. People tend to quote the velocity from the rifle not the handgun. I'd guess the Lead free SS198 runs around 2000-2100 FPS.

I have no regrets getting it. Elite Ammuntion makes specialty ammunition for it, too, though their stocks are low. They also do a trigger job which has a shorter travel and smoother pull for around $450. I'll likely use a dremel and metal polish to polish and smooth the internals like I do my Glock.

The trigger is about 6.5 pounds and is crisp but could use improvement.

I did a lot of research about it. It's recoil is less than that of a 9 mm. Like he said, it's based upon the 22 Hornet ballistics or has similar ballistics to a 22 TCM. The 22 TCM is much less expensive, running around $850. The 5.7 is frequently compared to a 22 Magnum RIFLE for ballistics but this tumbles as it makes contact with soft tissues, and centerfire is almost always more reliable than rimfire.

Let's just say, it's likely adequate enough for defense. I know I'd hate to take a hit from it. It probably is not a one shot stop but since bullet placement will be greater, I'd venture to guess that it would do its job.

Dutchtracker likes this.
  3. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Down For Life Brigade Member

Your gun related knowledge is incredible,i'm just a gun enthousiast,thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    CDR_Glock likes this.