1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Flyti scales or lfm

Preston Nov 10, 2018

1. Preston

Preston Little Member

hey guys! I was wondering if any one had had any experience with both the Flytanium 51 and LFM 51 and would be willing to share their thoughts on both and how they compare. Trying to decide what to get to improve my stock 51. Thanks in advance!

2. Preston

Preston Little Member

Bump

3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm wondering what Flyti scales have to do with CUSTOM KNIVES?

4. Preston

Preston Little Member

OOPS thank you

crogers likes this.
  5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

No sweat. You're not the first, and probably not the last, to post in a, shall we say, less-than-optimum forum.

If you'll DM one of the mods, they'll move it for ya.

Preston likes this.
  6. Preston

Preston Little Member

Bunp

7. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

I just bought edcknives scales, and Duane was awesome to work with. Made a huge difference with how the 51 handles. But really I don't think buying scales is necessarily such a great idea. Could just have a replicant for thze cost of 51+scales. They are beautiful tho

8. Chrisommer

Chrisommer Little member JDBA Official Member

I personally would go with squiggle scales. Most would say either Ti handles or the LFM mod would make it flip quite a bit better than stock. I personally enjoy the 51 In both stock and with ti handles. Pick one and enjoy.

Preston likes this.
  9. Preston

Preston Little Member

Thanks for the input you guys! Much appreciated!

10. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

If you already own a 51, if buy the scales in the for sale section here. 100$... great price

11. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

Good kick finding replicant scales stuck with flytanium dumbass

12. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

He didn't say anything about replicant scales dumbass, lol

Preston, RexRippin and Balibuyer like this.
  13. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

I know.....that dude is such a fucking moron. And his inability to properly communicate shows his education level. What a fuck.

Preston, chutcher and RexRippin like this.
  14. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

Homie's mad because of what I posted in his thread, so hes following me around. Im pretty sure he is a crackhead. He has sent me 15 private messages in the last two days... lol
    Normally I don't mind getting hate mail from people, but it really sucks when you can't even make sense of what the person is trying to say. Haters gonna hate.

Preston, Balibuyer and chutcher like this.
  15. Preston

Preston Little Member

Damn lol.

RexRippin likes this.
  16. Kosz

Kosz Tiny Member

I own two sets of Flyti's (solid stonewashed and a set of v4's), both of the FlyTi 51 blades, and a set of the LFM. The Flyti's are nice, and on a aesthetic level I love the solids paired with a zenith live blade. Stonwashed is the best washed. It is my most carried knife to date. I also enjoy flipping it more than the v4's and LFM.

I'd like you to elaborate on what you mean by improvement. If you mean flipping dynamics here is my perspective.

On FlyTi's I suspect the lighter FlyTi scale variants (like the v4) would be more favorable to most as the solid scales are tanks in terms of weight. IMO either flip better than stock.

On the LFM, I haven't been particularly impressed. I know that it's an "experimental mod" but the sheer length of the things is a big turn off for me. I find that although rollover based tricks and some aerials are easier, I'm finding fanning far more difficult. I'd try get your hand on a set and try them out before buying.

One thing I have not seen mentioned yet is the Jimpy Space invaders. They look like a lower cost alternative to scale replacements that should throw some extra weight and length in the ass end of your 51. I don't think they add as much length as the LFM, they seem like enough to make it more weighty without throwing the baby out with the bath water. Tracking a set down would likely prove difficult though.

It may because it is the mod I have no experience with, but they seem like a pretty novel idea.

Although the are pricey, I have to echo peoples praises of the EDC stuff, they look and feel fantastic.Though, they may be best considered if your looking to invest in a 6x series Benchmade. This is maybe what your should be looking towards if you want a better flipping knife and don't already. Let the 51 shine in its role, as a decently flippable EDC bali, and have something else more suited towards dedicated manipulation.

Hope it helps.

Preston likes this.
  17. Preston

Preston Little Member

Thanks for the reply man. Most helpful!