1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Flytanium 6x (67) thoughts.

Tmack Apr 25, 2015

1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i think the 67 or 63 may be best suited for the fuller handle version as they have slightly heavier blades.

the 62 weehawk could use a little more heft. overall knife balance when opened is a little lower on the handles than i like to see and a slightly heavier blade would resolve.

i'm not complaining just notice the blade lagging a little when in flip.

the fullers design seems to feel well balanced in the handle like a 4x or replicant, flytanium mentioned the other version to have a bit more weight in the back end which may be too much impo for the light 62 weehawk.

curious to see the balance point with the other handles.

I like that i have one 62 yet will be able to change the handles out easy for future versions giving the same blade a completely different feel. wish i had a 63 blade to feel up. still really really liking it, carried and flipped it spuratically today. soft round edges feel really good.:thumbsup:

2. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

If you guys are noticing a little lag, throw some dog bite spacers in the handles. Readily available at usa knife maker for a few bucks. Takes her down to 4.7oz by taking all the weight from the ends of the handles. Seems to speed her up quite a bit.

I have a 67, so it really feels good either way, but I was doing some experimenting, and found they fit without problem, and change the feel of it. The stock spacer and pivot setup comes in at .2oz. The dog bite spacer pair is just .09 oz

http://usaknifemaker.com/bali-stand-off-312-x-156-ss-threaded-2-56.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  3. apdallaround

those spacers look interesting.

i love the way the handle weight feels as is. to be honest its great.

i bet if lb or sj or mtx or nardath or joneser or takeiteazy or ryanol or dp or plntdr or andyt or oleary or lsn or sirbill or hannam or mccoy or southpaw flipped one on youtube it'd look like black magic type of shit and they'd say "well executed"

4. Noliwan

Noliwan PinoyBlade JDBA Official Member

Polished Ti Scales

Maybe some of you devils out there might be interested in this one.....?? A little something different...:manganr:
    Few people seem to like it on my IG account… :devilwag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    apdallaround likes this.
  5. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

Damn man. Serious polish. Nice work!

6. Noliwan

Noliwan PinoyBlade JDBA Official Member

Thanks Tmack,,, Im not to fond of stonewashed so I wanted to try something different while I wait for Flytanium's Darkcent Series for my 67 & 62 `hopefully I can get one in Ano also… :thumbsup:

7. Wilson

Wilson JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nice! I like it. Good work:thumbsup:

8. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

Man this thread makes me want to pick up a 62 just so I can throw on some of these sick scales! I'm waiting on the morpho V3 though, can't wait. Keep up the awesome work fly! :ropeman:

9. M.Reno

M.Reno Cowboy JDBA Official Member

Just

Gotta say I've found a completely new appreciation for my FlyTi 63! It's quickly become 1 of my faves. Good balance and feels good in the hand. I will be getting some more Flytanium for my other knives! :thumbsup:

10. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Whens the next batch? They didn't last long enough for me to get some.

11. deathpoop

deathpoop JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

What's the morpho v3?

12. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

The next set of BM-51 scales that Fly is making. They aren't out yet

13. Flytanium

Flytanium Flytanium Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thank you sir! V3 up next!

14. Flytanium

Flytanium Flytanium Knife Maker or Craftsman

Couple weeks for new 6X handles.

15. apdallaround

them polished look nice:thumbsup:

16. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thanks!, I was going to post another "how to" video.

17. apdallaround

i decided to loctite mine up the other day using a hypodermic needle so nothing other than threading got touched. i let it cure for 24hrs or so and left very little play. its smooth as silk.

in general the 62 blade is growing on me simply because the handles feel so damned good. i really like the radius of the handles. the handles feel very full and i like that, i'm not a fan of huge slots in the ti taking away from what could be a solid radius where the fingers do the action.

18. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Is it weighted more towards the bum? Do the SS spacers need lightening do you think?

Some have mentioned that the al spacers from the T2 fit the handles and lessen the bum weight.

When I get mine in a few weeks I want to keep the latch on but tbh... it looks like it will be a pita. Been thinking about getting someone to mod the latch so it's shaped like the AB.

19. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Now that would be nice! Grab a file and do it yourself

20. apdallaround

not weighted toward the bum in my opinion, the stainless spacers from the 6x are small to begin with i dont think they add much. the handles millwork leaves them very solid and weighted evenly.