1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Flying with a balisong

AerialMorpho Nov 1, 2017

1. AerialMorpho

AerialMorpho Little Member

I need to be on a cross-country flight first thing in the morning, and I was wondering if it would be alright to put my rep in my checked luggage? I really don't want it to get confiscated. I am in California by the way.

2. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Should be okay in checked luggage. Let us know how it goes.

3. AerialMorpho

AerialMorpho Little Member

I am hoping it all goes smooth. The only issue is that it is technically a prohibited item in CA. Prohibited in the sense that it's illegal to carry outside one's home. But maybe since I will be packaging it up, they will let it slide?

4. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You can always say it's a gift for someone.

5. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

I've flown in and out of CA with a BM Pagan and Hom Specters. Your main concern would be theft, confiscation not so much.

6. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

This is the more probable possibility.

You can try to have it mailed for the greatest amount of security.

begreen61 likes this.
  7. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

A TSA baggage checker would be happy to take it from your bag. I always mail or UPS important stuff if possible.

buddy likes this.
  8. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Past the point now, but as stated before mail it to yourself or put it in a locked box like flying with a firearm.

begreen61 likes this.
  9. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

I flew from Detroit to dc with a 32 in my checked baggage. No issues.

begreen61 likes this.
  10. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Fuck just buy a knife in cali..I did when I went out there to me a Busse collector (Hog) years ago for the first time .

11. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I am in Cali and have never had any issues what so ever with balisongs. Just don't carry it on your person and don't bring it in your checked bag- but Im sure you already new that.