1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Flushed 5k down the toilet today and more to come!

sandwich Apr 21, 2011

1. sandwich

sandwich Brigade Member Brigade Member

I swear, I don't think anything else can go wrong in this house. I think I've fixed everything. Short of this motherfucker imploding and sinking down into hell I don't know what else can go wrong. I think this might be it finally.

Sewer line had roots in it. Had a guy come and camera my main shitter line last week and advised me on what needed to be done to correct it. Which was installing a 6" cleanout outside the front of my house to connect to the 6" clay pipe that fred flintstone probably installed when this place was built. This required digging down almost 8 feet down in front of my house, risking to undermine my front porch and a retaining wall, which didn't happen. Doing all this and then jetting out the line and re-scoping it out with the camera - $5K right down the shitter, literally.. cha ching.

The icing on the cake? The 4" cast iron pipe that goes under the slab of my house and goes the whole length of the house is no good either. Camera showed it had a bad connection to the clay pipe and also where it's connected to the riser going to my upstairs bathroom. The solution? Another $3.5k to partially dig up my basement, and install 4" pvc throughout. Getting this done next week.

The new owners of this house can suck my dick when I go to sell it. Cause it's caused me more stress than I should be having. I feel like I work too hard to be able to afford this house only to just keep having huge repair costs that threaten losing it. Not to mention putting huge dents in my savings. This is what I get for buying a house from a family member.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sandwich

In that last pick you can see the tree which caused the main problem. FUCK THAT TREE

3. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

i recently saw a hydraulic ram that pulls a new pipe into the old pipe.

400' of electical main in two hours. no digging.

technology started with plumbing pipes.

4. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Thats terrbile man and i do not envy that crap..Good luck my friend!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  5. sandwich

Would cost way more and it's risky in my situation since my pipe makes angles and turns. And that also requires digging up the street which adds costs like cops to direct traffic and the town wants a bond that the they hold for x years incase the street needs repair from sinking/settling. I just can't afford that

6. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

Bullshit, once that shit hits your yard it's yours. Fix that shit, hero :ross:

Whiney post of the week, congrats :semper:

tmik likes this.
  7. sandwich

Trouble reading? I did fix it! Does that mean I can't complain about it though? :bwah: Sometimes I like to vent.

8. bfm

bfm Should read BMF a new type of Strider

Actually, according to code, all plumbing must be vented. :ross:

I lucked out from a similar problem only because from my foundation to city property is only six feet and the break in the city main was caused by the gas company running new gas lines. The line to the house was so old I had been considering paying to replace it myself anyway.

9. bigbob68

bigbob68 non poseur

Ha ha! I spent $11,000 on a new sewer system as our septic tank caved in. You got off cheap. Welcome to the joys of home ownership!

10. sandwich

Oh I've been welcomed alright, way before this happened :bwah: like I said I think this was the last thing that could go wrong I think. Pretty sure everything has failed or fallen apart or blew away or what have you, already in the few years I've had it. Before I had it? Nothing major ever happened. Go figure

And thank God I'm able to keep on taking the hits. I'm fortunate enough to be able to handle it on my own. If only I'd rented a few more years I might have chose a better place :bwah:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  11. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

Burn it to the ground and never look back!

DaBird likes this.
  12. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

Is there any reason why the plumbers had to dig a hole large enough for a person to stand in?

Is the photograph showing the T outlet the only piping replaced?

I used to plumb, so's just wondering. :devilzeek

13. sandwich

Yessir, only about a 4 foot section replaced with a wye connection coming up to ground level. The bulk of the cost was digging that giant hole since my pipe was so deep (heh heh). So he had to physically get in there to snap the clay and install all that. If this was 4 feet down or so I'd have done it myself if the town let me

14. bigbob68

bigbob68 non poseur

You should have built an outhouse and forget about indoor plumbing. Who needs it, its overated. It would fit the houses age too.

15. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

One more question.

Would 4 to 5 feet below ground have been below all toilets in the house?

Just curious.

16. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Looks like the contractor is a hack.
    That one picture is worth a $20,000.00 OSHA fine.

17. sandwich

That's my friends father in the hole, he's a master plumber and does outstanding work and super honest (hard to find an honest plumber).

OSHA...I guess they have good intentions.

18. sandwich

Yes, but it wouldnt work in my situation, it has to be deeper @ around 8'

19. griff

griff Huge member

insert foot in mouth!!!
    Anybody(with out a foot in their mouth ) knows undisturbed earth will not cave in ! OSHA can eat a bag of shit!!

20. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Off the reservation

Sorry for your troubles bro..... have you considered the bucket system? :devil1: