1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Had a good talk with a guy today during work. Turns out, neither of us know shit-all about flowers...

That being said, what flowers do you male Devils buy for your ladies, and what do you Lady Devils like yourselves?

Devils worldwide wanna know! :ropeman: :jdwink2: :devilcorn:

2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I don't buy no damn flowers... they die within days! My foxy lady sent me a bouquet of flowers once... they died within a week. Now she gives me artificial flower arrangements that she makes up herself. I give her wine, cheese, crackers and candy. :thumbsup:

ps... take your ladies out to dinner... ya cheap bastards! :manganr:

3. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sebenzas are what I give.

Towelie likes this.
  5. Clydetz

Oh yeah? What are you doing Saturday night, handsome? :manganr:

6. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm right there with Benny. I gave Heather a Smith and Wesson 442 and an XD9T. She was stunned by both. She says she does not like carnations.

7. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

If I can't have roses on the piano , I tend to like tulips on my organ. :jdwink2:

Towelie likes this.
  8. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'll say silk. But really, I'ma bum for the net. just take pay-pal...

9. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

With what you spend in 1 nice flower arrangement you can buy a bunch of stuff for the garden and she will be happy and enjoy them all year. Like these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. tubtar

Nothing wrong with silk flowers Roy.
    I've seen more than one that had me " Holy Fuck " ing for a good while once I realized they were paste. :bwah:

11. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

What are they besides pictures? :bwah:

12. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Iris (top pic shown) are perennial; they return every year. The one shown is a Japanese Iris which needs a wet area. The second pic (on bottom) is a Gladiola, an annual, so if you give it to a lady it will be in bulb form and look like a little brown onion. :ssmile:

Now - some ladies - including myself - would certainly smile and appreciate a 'flower' gift of a Gladiola bulb ... but there are things to consider when giving a 'garden' gift:

#1 ~ Does she have a garden? Does she have a shovel?

#2. Are you going to offer to plant it for her? Do either of you know anything about planting Gladioli?

#3. Does any of that matter? ~ some women :heart: silly romantic gestures ... and some women would just be puzzled at a little brown onion.

Another choice would be a potted plant of something in bloom and she can decide whether or not she will plant it in the garden after enjoying the blooms inside the house.

Most florists will have potted plants. Potted plants are offered on a seasonal basis so just ask for the freshest flower - something that is just coming into bloom. If you know nothing about flowers - ask about the color and size. Google some pix so you can be at least a little bit knowledgeable when she thanks you ... :ssmile:

An orchid plant would cost less than a bouquet and the blooms last for months. if you live near the lady in question ... Go to Lowes/Home Depot/? and choose one you like. You then deliver (and get 'thanked') in person.

Suggestions for other (self delivered) flowering plants:

Find one you like and make it special by adding a bow or wrap the pot in anything except tin foil or plastic wrap.

Print a pic you like from the computer, tape a few together and use it to wrap the pot or to make a big silly bow. Add a little toy figure or something eclectic that catches your eye. Stick a knife in there

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  13. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

If I give Lauren anything but gerber daisies I get the cold shoulder for a while.

14. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Right you are:thumbsup:

Nope. With her:jdwink2:

15. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

My wife does not like red roses. Actually, she's not a big fan of roses at all. I go with Gerbera Daisies and Tulips when I buy her flowers. Sometimes, I'll send flowers to her job just because. When I do this, I usually send something exotic like Lotus or Orchids.

ded i and GEEZER like this.
  16. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Your making us all look bad Tony :bwah:

17. tubtar

This is one crafty motherfucker right here , gentlemen.
    When you send a " HER " flowers at work..........any her and any flowers , you are golden.
    If it is your Mom , you are the greatest son in the history of sons , going all the way back to J.C. Hisself.
    If it is a spouse or significant other , she could get home from work that day and walk in on you .......... wearing nothing but a set of chaps , sitting astride a Shetland pony who is vigorously small horsefucking a midget hooker in the missionary position.
    She may ask " who are your friends ? " , but my money is on " How was your day ? " for her first words..........so she can then go into great detail on her day and how jealous the other women were at the office.
    You cannot lose with this unless they are guilt flowers......and the math gets real fuzzy regarding the exchange rate of penance to acts committed vs. floral arrangements.
    I won't even go there.
    On those " Days " , Mothers , Valentines , etc. , you don't even need to come across with the biggest display. Though it never hurts.
    Tony , you are indeed one suave fuck. :thumbsup:

18. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

When you want to send the very best.

Dracunculus vulgaris.

littlejoey likes this.
  19. Clydetz

I believe the plant you show is one of the few 'man eating' varieties of flora, GEEZER.

20. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

I've never bought a single flower other than Red roses',for every woman i've been with over the last 35 years...

You simply can't go wrong w/ roses..:rose:

Am i correct,lady Devilettes???