1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

flipping in the dark

desmodus Jan 28, 2018

1. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

i forget which one of youse mentioned it, but thank you.

it has helped me immensely.

Jedi87, buddy, Kelper and 1 other person like this.
  2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Interesting.

Kelper likes this.
  3. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Ron usually recommends flipping naked. Has a whole routine he does on his lawn apparently.

4. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

After that *special* knife thread crogers found..it brings a very disturbing image to my mind. Lol.

zogglet, crogers and seandavid55 like this.
  5. wes

That’s part of the ‘special’ catch at the end.

Kelper likes this.
  6. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

i thought that was an automated robot lawn gnome...

Kelper likes this.
  7. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Naked Flipping? Is that a thing? Sounds like a good way to inadvertently curcumsize yourself...

Alfie and Kelper like this.
  8. desmodus

darwin awards for everybody!

Kelper likes this.
  9. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

At the end of the day it really is the only way to properly execute the double twirl.

Sorry your thread got turned into a dick fest des'...

Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  10. desmodus

it's just as well.

i tried using the search function to find the thread i saw it (flipping the dark) mentioned in and i failed miserably.

i just wanted to thank whomever it was.

this was far more rewarding.

Dustygmt, seandavid55 and Kelper like this.
  11. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Y'all are crazy. I Tried it.....imagined I was a real ninja....then my 8yr old knocked on the door. But I can definitely see the benefits of doing it.

12. Alfie

Alfie Little Member

I tried it (in the dark) w/my cheap-o trainer the other day... it is NOT easy... kept messing up the twirl & y2ks to no end (could do some)... gotta keep on practicing (both, w/light & in the dark).

13. Rift

Rift Little Member

Hmm flipping without sight founds fun... I assume it is to help your fingers with muscle memory to do the combo without backing up of sight... I have band aids on standby

14. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don' recommend doing it until you're very confident but even then I don' think there's a reason to do it. I have a few times but I'd you'e at the point where you can comfortably flip in the dark, there isn't much reason to.

15. Rift

Rift Little Member

I put on a blindfold and flipped about 30 mins it was interesting not being able to see but nit to hard overall once you have muscle memory down.

16. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Funny you mention this ,,I found some 3d glow in the dark slabs ( not cheap if you want from Jason ) bought them have Jason Lyons making me a Hellcat with dammy blade and these handles ,,it should be interesting Dark my hellcat handles.jpg ,,Hope to have it with in a month

g

seandavid55 and Balibuyer like this.
  17. wes

Get ready to crank this up as you unwrap and flip in the dark ...

Balibuyer likes this.
  18. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I have said it in some threads not to long ago trying to help some one improve along with tip about either using land lotion or wet hands to practice.

desmodus likes this.
  19. desmodus

Thank you for the tip. I couldn't for the life of me remember who had said it and our search function is for shit.

I in fact enjoy flipping blind sometimes and it does help muscle memory a lot.

buddy likes this.