1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

flipper proto's

balibalistic Jun 10, 2011

1. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I don't not agree with you (double negative?).

***I'm still waiting for my T2 spacers:bwah:

2. pyrotech25

pyrotech25 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I think Andy T. and I are next in line.

I will sell you my spot on the list for two-bits Tony. You can gift me the PayPal.:manganr:

3. purpledc

purpledc purple or blue, depends on the strength of your gr Brigade Member

Honestly this has ALWAYS been shawns downfall as a knifemaker. He is more talented than I think he even realizes. But his communication has always been piss poor. I think I have been on his list for a knife for over 4 years now. I think in those 4 years I have probably sent 25 emails and probably got a reply to 3 or 4 of them. I have pretty much given up. Its a shame as I have experienced his work first hand and it is superlative. But when knifemakers are as unreliable as he is? Well for me its kinda like when you meet a really really hot girl and then discover she is either a total bitch or a total ditz. You just dont see them the same way anymore. I dont know if its a situation about the legality of the knives he makes or if he just took on too much too quick and is overwhelmed but I think the best thing for him to do is what other high demand makers are doing. Be done with lists all together and use a few select dealers to sell through when knives are available. Because the way its been handled? :devilroll:

4. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I'm not doubting your statement, but in Shawn's defense, he always answered my IM's and questions. He was polite, dropped a few funny remarks, and truthful about his busy schedule. This was all prior to him falling off the face of the earth, of course.

***Maybe he just doesn't like the color purple:bwah:

5. purpledc

purpledc purple or blue, depends on the strength of your gr Brigade Member

Well that may be. Many who i have talked to who shall remain nameless for their privacy sake have discussed that Shawn did in fact play favorites. Many times ignoring his "list" all together to get certain people knives faster and or not being able to tell certain people no. I dont know if you two were friends and talked to each other on the forums but I can tell you this the ONLY way I was able to get him to respond to my emails was to try and make sure he didnt know it was me who was sending it. Eventually even that didnt work. I finally gave up.