1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

First knife. Sort of... .

Nicko Jan 21, 2013

1. Nicko

Nicko Little member

Here is a video of me finishing up my knife. I posted it on us and au forums but though you guys might want to see.

I got a lot of help from the Aus forums for this. I made a knife and sword when I was younger but this is my first one I have completed fully and been happy with.

Hope you enjoy, post comments good and bad.

Nick

[video=youtube;bd3u6_pb5c4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd3u6_pb5c4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  2. Hig789

Hig789 Little member

Dude you have some serious talent. Very nice video and that's bad ass knife. Great work.

3. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Very nice!

The video is well done.

4. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

great video.

well done sir!

5. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

nice work..

6. 2tallballer

2tallballer Huge member

Thats very nice. I love the handle!

7. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Reminds me of Scagel knives. Top shelf work + a great vid. :shakie:

8. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

Wow! I'm not really into this type of knife, but you did some amazing work...especially for the first one you finished all the way! Have you done leather work before? You seemed to know exactly what was up with that too!! Good job! :thumbsup:

9. Nicko

Nicko Little member

thanks mate. I haven't done to much leather but berfore this I got my father in laws old leather kit and asked him to teach me a few things. I also went to a leather shop and asked the guys there what I should do. The guy there told me about gussets and saddle makers stitch.

Funny shakie you should say that it looks like scagle. I used a blade of his to copy for my one. I love his stuff because it amazes me that he was doin it in the 1920s. At that time I think there would not be to many knives that looked like his. Seems he liked Persian style knives.