1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

First attempts

Bill Coye Apr 16, 2009

1. Bolt79

Bolt79 Little member

I have just joined JD and I found this thread. I have just read it from start to here.
    All I can say is wow! I am very impressed with the progress made by Bill. A true inspiration to anyone thinking of or who is making knives.

A very very informative and long read.

Thank you Mr Coye

pad2 likes this.
  2. Bill Coye

Bill Coye The Devil made me do it Knife Maker or Craftsman

An update to the historical file

[​IMG]
    Ridgeback w/ Multitasker logo

[​IMG]
    Whiskey II flipper, Ti bolster/CF presentation side, 4.25" blade

[​IMG]
    Whiskey II flipper, LSCF presentation side, 4.25" blade

[​IMG]
    Little Whiskey Flipper proto, 3.5" blade

Cheers!

BC

Shawn Hatcher likes this.
  3. Bill Coye

Thanks fellas! It would have been a much longer road without the help from the guys here on the JD.

Mr.LaBella and pad2 like this.
  4. ponte

ponte JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Love me some little whiskey! That one looks like a perfect sized carry piece for me. Nice touch of CF in the pivot too!:thumbsup:

5. Bill Coye

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the digital record:

The ForeRunner replaces the Ridgeback.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 16, 2014
    Coye Knives LLC
    PO Box 470684
    Tulsa, OK 74147

Coye Knives Announces the new ForeRunner™ Fixed Blade

Coye Knives LLC, a Tulsa, OK based custom knife shop owned and operated by Bill Coye, announces the ForeRunner™, a small fixed blade design based on the wildly popular Coye Ridgeback.

“You spoke and we listened. As an evolutionary change to the Ridgeback design, the ForeRunner™ offers several upgraded features while staying true to the original design concept,” Coye says. “With more handle depth, swept finger choil, additional thumb jimping and scalloped handle area, the ForeRunner™ now has even better ergonomics but still maintains the basic form factor pioneered by the Ridgeback. Additionally, the custom made kydex sheath has been redesigned as an even more compact carry system for greater concealability.”

Custom handmade versions of the Coye ForeRunner™ will be available April 21th, 2014 and can be purchased initially on CoyeKnives.com, and then through authorized dealers. Make sure to connect with Coye Knives on Facebook and Instagram for more information.

6. 42flipper

42flipper JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Beautiful work!!!

I read this whole thread 4-5 months ago...

This thread is a big part of what got me into (Trying lol) making knives!! Great work, and awesome progress...

Keep it coming!! :thumbsup::devilcorn: