1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Finally got my hybrid rep

snakebill Jan 6, 2021

1. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

E03F4A2A-5907-40C1-985B-53FCDA69E4BD.jpeg
    ordered in the 12/19 drop and only received Monday the 4th. Xmas and Covid really fucked up shipping. I love the weight, grain in the titanium scales looks good and I love that mint green. I’m a bit disappointed that there are machine marks in the scale patterns and they’re really sharp. Not really acceptable on a $420 knife. BRS makes great stuff and I’m not trying to bash them but their fit and finish is a far cry from Hom and my carbon fiber basilisk was $30 less. Just sayin’. Either way I think I only like my chab AB better as far as brs knives go.

2. Mastema

Mastema Little Member JDBA Official Member

From what I have herd those "machine marks" on the scales are an intentional callback to the texture on the G10 of a classic rep

snakebill and Balibuyer like this.
  3. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

lol, do I sense sarcasm? I’ll take a close up picture later tonight.

4. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

he is prob serious

the v1 rep had very distinct g10 machining

the v2 and beyond is much more smooth

Balibuyer and snakebill like this.
  5. Mastema

Mastema Little Member JDBA Official Member

No sarcasm from me, the texturing on the hybrid rep looks very similar (if not identical) to the texturing on the g10 reps. The only rep without that texture is the CF rep as far as I know. IMO the precision of the texturing is a plus, a smoother finish would have made the knife more slippery and harder to control given that it is already a pretty heavy knife.

6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

you are correct sir.

Mastema and snakebill like this.
  7. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

i think you might misunderstand. I’ll take better picture later. The grain going the full length of the handle is great. In the cut outs there are tooling marks.

8. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

F767E94E-870D-45AA-99F9-C6866CCE6EC6.jpeg
    In there. I’ll get clear pics later. It’s really not that big of a deal. Just didn’t expect it.

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  9. apdallaround

maybe its the picture, that handle ‘texturing’ doesn’t look identical to a g10 rep at all

10. apdallaround

here is a v1 and v2 rep
    the texturing is pretty clear

on a g10 rep the texturing makes a u shape at the bottom of the handles

on the hybrid it goes straight off the bottom

this was an easy way to tell a clone from an authentic rep back in the day..... at least a g10 version

so ‘indentical’ no, unless you’re loose on the definition of identical or you’re on that tight ig crew

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

glad to see you still swing by your roots on occasion @Looseyfur

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Bashing...stating a fact. Tomato...tomato.

***The second "tomato" is suppose to sound different