1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Finally a new thread! USPS Rant

longbow Feb 27, 2017

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

So the last piece of mail I have rec. was on or about 02/17. Definitely after Presidents day I have received 0. So wondering WTF is up I place a call to the station that has the delivery route for my address. I talk to a fella over there on Fri. the 24th . He says he'll check and call me back and let me know. Well my mail man goes by on Fri. and no mail so I call Gary back and get a song and dance about not enough carriers and one had a supposed heart attack that day so he hadn't had a chance to talk with the carrier. He will let me know though he guaranteed it.

Today is Mon. the 27th and hadn't heard back from him so figured I'd call over there. Another supervisor answers the phone whose name is Ryan. He didn't know anything about the no mail problem and Gary is out all week so Ryan states he will check with carrier tomorrow a.m. and let me know. Again WTF. So frustrated I go the USPS web site and email them Fri. p.m. with the problem I am having.

Now when I didn't hear back from Gary I figured I'd call The USPS and explain the problem to them. I called the 800# at 0800 today the 27th and there was literally a 2 hour wait time, and I shit you not. Well as happenstance would have it I did rec. a reply back from the USPS website just a short time ago via a form letter response to my problem and that it will take at least 3 days for them to get back to me with an answer but it might take longer to investigate it.

Now I know for a fact we have some bills to pay namely my wife mentioned our truck payment but maybe we can do that on line, I am sure we can so we will. But what by christ is going on with them fucksticks?! I don't know man just so fed up with the bull shit they tell me and it is probably an easy fix at least I hope. Anyways the incompetence is just over whelming to me. Fuck it frustrated and pissed. So there ya go. keepem sharp

Kelper, crogers and stdlrf11 like this.
  2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Are you sure you are still alive? I think they think you are dead. It is going to take longer than three days to convince the feds you are still alive.

Kelper, ded i and crogers like this.
  3. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

I could go into a long tirade about my problems with USPS...

I won't...

USPS SUX!

Kelper, ded i and crogers like this.
  4. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them too...

norcal13, Kelper and crogers like this.
  5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I've had problems with ALL the common carriers, USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. etc. etc.

Probably be simpler to pick it up myself.

I pay ALL of my bills online. The only thing I have to worry about is lost emails! Shit!

OilMan, Kelper and ded i like this.
  6. elektroknifeman

elektroknifeman Little member

I've used usps for the past 20 years in multiple different towns and cities. I've shipped stuff all over the world with them and have had very few problems. I've had one item get lost in the mail in 20 years and it eventually turned up. I've shipped stuff to Japan, Australia, South America, Eastern Europe, etc. and had no real problems except a few things that got damaged in shipping, most of them were insured and they paid up on all the insurance claims except for one. I didn't deal with that one however, the guy who bought something from me filed it and he claimed they wouldn't pay, it wasn't much money so nbd...anyway, I've heard all kinds of stories of people having real problems with them but it has never happened to me. If the roads get really bad they won't deliver my mail but it has to be some pretty serious snow/ice before that's an issue.

crogers, Kelper and ded i like this.
  7. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I had more problems with that fucking Amazon delivery service in the last few years than I've ever had with the big three.... combined.

One good thing about living in the metroplex is I'm within 20 miles of a major mail delivery hub. I've had good luck picking my packages up from them.

8. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

When I lived in the country USPS would drive my long lane to deliver a parcel. We always had women drivers who were amazing. One was really nasty and made me laugh but she delivered on time. Bless them old girls!

Fed Ex and UPS service was just amazing there. The Fed Ex guy called beforehand to make sure I was home.

Now I live in Southwest Florida and so far so good, USPS delivers for UPS & Fed Ex on Sundays ... that's kind of weird but it works.

:ups:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    begreen61, crogers and Kelper like this.
  9. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

In all situations in mailing i think the human factor is the root of all fuck ups at the hubs . I've had many a problems and been lucky sooner or later the package will show up, but I always insure to be safe ,and Thats with all carriers

ded i and crogers like this.
  10. longbow

Well got it straightened out and will talk about it later cause I have to eat dinner. I will say this though I have never ever meant a more un-intelligent person as a supervisor than Gary, and that my brothers and sister is no shit. keepem sharp

crogers and stdlrf11 like this.
  11. longbow

Woke up at dark thirty due to a big thunder storm passing through, first of the year here so a sure a sign of spring is around the corner!
    So go to the P.O. yesterday p.m. about 1300. My wife has ordered a book and it arrived Sat. and supposedly a notice was left but yea, NOT. Because we aren't getting our mail! So I went to retrieve it and figured as long as I am there I'll try and get to the bottom of why we aren't getting mail and frankly why no one has called me back from the P.O.

To make a long story longer, I finally get to talk with Gary the Superintendent of mail at the Irond. station. This is after about a 35 min. wait while Shawna, a supervisor of some sort unraveled the mystery of my no mail for two weeks. Which she did. Apparently my daughter had put a mail hold on her mail that she would get delivered at our house. Nope she don't live here. So when that was done, it stops all mail from be delivered to the address the stop is put on. Shawna explained that, pretty concisely to me after she dug out our held mail. Now when all this is going on that fella Gary just happens through. Now that cat Ryan on Mon. explained to me that Gary is out all week that is why he didn't call me back.

Apparently that isn't/wasn't the case cause there is Gary. I had mentioned to Shawna that both Ryan and Gary boned me 3x by not calling me back. She apologized profusely and said we'll fix the problem no worries. So Shawna calls over Gary and introduces him to me. Gary says how ya doing and I says good now no thanks to you. He looks at me funny and I explain to him I am waiting for him to call me back so because he didn't I figured I'd come down and grab a package that my wife had ordered. So he says he probably gets 15-20 phone calls a day and he probably has my number and name under his keyboard. Well that does me a lot of good right, and he says well he's pretty busy and can't do everything at once. So I says, yea well your the P.O. and your job is deliver my mail to me and for 2 weeks I wasn't getting any and you know being the P.O. and thats your main job. He says something else about the number of phone calls he gets a day once again and I say well when they sent you Post Office managers school didn't they teach ya how to multi task or anything like that? He just gives me a dumb ass look and says well what do you want me to do about it. I said I'm sorry.

Now I could go on about a box they had that I wanted FedEx to pick up nearly 3 weeks ago. I got a new modem from Spectrum for our HS Speed Road Runner service and I sent back the old modem via FedEx. But guess what USPS picked it up and held it for 2 weeks cause it was a FedEx package and not a USPS. Can't make this shit up. No idea why they picked it up and not FedEx cause I put the request for pick up in with FedEx and not the P.O. Not only that but it had a pre-paid label from FedEx attached to the box but because it was FedEx and not USPS I had to pay $8.00 shipping back to Spectrum. Ok thats' it. keepem sharp

norcal13, crogers and ded i like this.
  12. gzb

So this whole thing started with your own daughter placing a hold on mail deliveries to your mailbox and not telling you.
    Even when after a few weeks of you getting no mail. Trying to understand how this is the PO's fault for family dysfunction in regards to communication?

And how did the PO get your FedEx package? Was it in your mailbox for them to pick it up?
    If so, you might not understand that technically you don't own your mailbox. After you buy it and install it for mail delivery, it is considered Federal property, not yours. It can only be used for USPS mail, both incoming and outgoing. Anything else w/o USPS postage on it can't be in there when the carrier comes to deliver mail. Things like newspapers, flyers, FedEx/UPS packages, whatever.

This ain't new my friend. Been that way for awhile now.

ETA: I'm really not giving the USPS a blanket pass for all their shortcomings. Hell, I can't even get mail delivered to my place that's right in town. Had to get a PO Box.
    But that would be another rant, and folks probably wouldn't understand all of that either...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    ded i, stdlrf11 and crogers like this.
  13. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

!!!

14. longbow

Well anyone can stop the mail coming to an address they live at and it shouldn't affect the other mail being delivered to that address, like for instance room mates that move out of an apt and stop their mail to go to another apt etc.etc. So yea communication or not between my daughter and I has nothing to do with them stopping her mail that she gets sent to my address, if ya don't understand that, put it this way, my daughters stopping her mail should not have stopped any other mail being delivered to my house that wasn't in her name. As for the FedEx package being picked up by them it is a mystery. If you read my post carefully you would see it was on my front steps/porch. Why they picked it up I don't know.

crogers likes this.
  15. gzb

OK, I tried to read your above post carefully. Again.

And again I somehow missed the part about the FedEx being on the front steps/porch... :tardrule:

crogers likes this.
  16. longbow

I think it is in the 1033 time stamp post about the package. I didn't even know they had the package until I went over there and saw it. My wife mentioned we will probably be charged for a new modem on our next bill cause they didn't get the old one back. Here is what I copied from the resolution post.

"Now I could go on about a box they had that I wanted FedEx to pick up nearly 3 weeks ago. I got a new modem from Spectrum for our HS Speed Road Runner service and I sent back the old modem via FedEx. But guess what USPS picked it up and held it for 2 weeks cause it was a FedEx package and not a USPS. Can't make this shit up. No idea why they picked it up and not FedEx cause I put the request for pick up in with FedEx and not the P.O. Not only that but it had a pre-paid label from FedEx attached to the box but because it was FedEx and not USPS I had to pay $8.00 shipping back to Spectrum. Ok thats' it. keepem sharp"

My whole point to the box thing is that I don't know why USPS would pick up a fedex package? Still don't but Gary said they would mail it for me for like $8.00, slightly less than $8 but close enough for jazz. It had a prepaid FedEx sticker on it to mail back. My brother who worked for 35 yrs for the P.O. said that USPS and FedEx will pickup and deliver items from each carrier but usually during peak periods like Xmas holidays. Beats me is all I'm saying.

I did just fill out a survey form for them though on line where I actually was able to tell my side of the story. So I am good now.

crogers likes this.
  17. gzb

OK, if you say so... :unintroduced:

18. longbow

Yep I say so.

19. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

usps.jpg

GEEZER, stdlrf11 and crogers like this.
  20. longbow

That is funny as shit! So as an addendum to all this my mail man stopped by Fri night to deliver a couple of blades and a Smiths' diamond stick for the cleaning table at the lake where everyone fillet's the fish caught. He explained that the supervisor Gary is new and from Wisconsin. He started the job about a month ago and the reason he xferred to Roch is that the P.O. couldn't get another Supervisor to take the job. So he said Gary, took it from Wisconsin. He didn't know what he did to get xferred to the Irond. Station but whatever it was it probably wan't good.

So bottom line is that he apologized for the no mail thing which was stand up of him to do. He also apologized for the hole in the side of the mailing box where someone tried to get the knife out of the side of the box but because of the packing being on top of the knife they couldn't quite get it in there hand. So there ya go. keepem sharp