1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

fellows members mental/ spiritual/ smoketual? support needed

apdallaround Nov 20, 2015

1. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Praying it will pass and all will be back to normal.

apdallaround likes this.
  2. kd0g

kd0g JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Smoke sent, keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

apdallaround likes this.
  3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Thoughts and prayers are headed your way....:thumbsup:

apdallaround likes this.
  4. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Wow. Sick kids are really really the worst thing for feeling powerless. So try not to focus on what you can't do, or don't know. Focus on caring for your kid...focus on monitoring symptoms...focus on monitoring your emotions to keep a level head for the sake of the rest of your family. Your woman needs your support and reassurance.

Listen to your doctor...and ask every question you feel you need to. I find it always good to get a little background information to try to keep up.

http://sickle.bwh.harvard.edu/fe-def.html
    http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Anemia/Iron-Deficiency.aspx
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ida/signs

I am not saying your child has anemia due to iron-deficiency. I am saying that reading some of the info at the above links might help you expend the worried energy you are filled with while you sit by your child's side.

Gosh it's easy to give this advice when you are on the outside looking in.

No arm-chair quarterbacking here. Just listing the things I do wrong in these situations without a little reminder, and some of the ways I have gotten around these mistakes.

obi

apdallaround likes this.
  5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Prayers to you and yours, I know this feeling all to well.

apdallaround likes this.
  6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

thank you all for the thoughts.

i greened as many as i could and will continue once 24 hrs has past.

right now they are focused on his diet. This little guy loves cheese and dairy and turns his head for meat, veggies, etc. Dairy binds to iron and the body passes it rather than absorbs it. Any iron he is eating probably passes right out via the cheese, yogurt, milk.

we are to cut 80% of his dairy other than milk. also they started him on an iron script. hes gota start drinking more juice too because the vitamin C helps the body absorb iron. we are gona get him a bunch of baby pouch foods with spinach as an ingredient.

they are going to watch his levels with these diet changes to see if it helps.

if its no help they will look into the other things

knowing his diet is completely off for proper iron digestion gives me a little comfort. its something we can change easily.

i will read as much data as i can find. i've already been reading a bunch.

i do feel guilty for letting him eat so much dairy because he prefers it. when i was a kid you ate your green beans, lima beans, brussel sprouts, spinach or you got nothing else to eat.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  7. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Watermelon is very high in Iron.....not so plentiful this late in the year, though.

8. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

Hope he gets better soon, keeping you all in my prayers.

apdallaround likes this.
  9. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

dang Mobile Intermess

10. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Uncool!:( Sent!

sickboy

apdallaround likes this.
  11. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

Prayers for your child.

apdallaround likes this.
  12. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Smoke and positive thoughts. Hope for the best.

apdallaround likes this.
  13. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Prayers sent..

apdallaround likes this.
  14. apdallaround

thanks everybody, its really appreciated. 3 months of changing his diet around until they take another blood screening. iron takes a long time to build up. still sending greens to you all slowly but surely, another 24 hours i will send more.

15. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Don't worry about the green business.........unless it's leafy green veggies for the Lad.
    Seizures can be frightening as fuck , but can also be fairly harmless in terms of long term damage.
    Hopefully , you'll get the cause nailed down and it will be an easy fix.
    Smoke and prayers incoming.

apdallaround likes this.
  16. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Just saw this

Prayers for your Boy.

Happy to hear they think diet can fix it. Nothing worse than seeing your child sick and/or in pain.

He's gonna eat so much spinach his nick name will be Popeye.:devilwag:

apdallaround likes this.
  17. apdallaround

this boy dislikes spinach very much but we are trying to blend it well. tons of chickpeas, he likes them and they are decent in iron. watermelon seems to be wanting to give him the shits:manganr:

he had another little melt down spell this eve but he snapped out of it much faster.

we got the pediatricians recommended straight iron supplement and he liked the flavor. every pharmacy within an hour probably moreso from us doesn't carry it so we ordered from amazon saturday. arrived usps with the mail today. thank you postal employees!

18. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Trying to cut time on the internet, I just found this thread. My heart goes out to you and your family . Your son will be in my prayers ,,and keep us all informed .

Nothing but Respect,,,Gary

apdallaround likes this.
  19. test2oob

test2oob The Collector JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Prayers for your son you and all around you. Know what its like to be afraid for a family member but not one so young and will continue to send positive thoughts your way. :booger:

apdallaround likes this.