1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

February 2010 Featured Knifemaker

IWantThatKnife Feb 11, 2010

1. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Don Cowles, maker of outstanding Gentlemen's Pocket Fixed Blade Knives. Don has had a varied career; he made his first knife in 1963. Don has won numerous awards for his knives; he usually brings a guitar to the shows and after the crowd leaves, jams with some of the other makers. I am lucky to call Don a friend. Here are Don's knives that I have (or had).

[​IMG]
    Cowles "HUMP" with Blue Mammoth Ivory bark scales, mokume bolsters, and 24kt gold pins. I bought it right in front of another dealer who wanted it; he was waiting for me to move from the table so he could buy it. I traded it to him the next day for a beautiful Don Hanson Sunfish:

[​IMG]
    scrimmed by Don Hanson's wife

More Don Cowles' knives:

[​IMG]
    Blue Mistress. I had the same knife made for Vicky to match a white ivory hump for me; sort of his and her knives. Here's the White Mammoth Ivory Hump I had made for my personal collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are one scaled in Apple Coral, the Blue Mistress again, and one with Mesquite Burl Wood scales.

With the exception of the White Ivory Hump and Vicky's knife, the others are available for the discriminating collector.