1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Benchmade?

subrosa Jul 16, 2009

1. Joe_Karp

Joe_Karp Huge member

Next to the 710 there's the Ares. This is a model 735BT in 154CM, hard to find!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Keyman

Keyman Huge member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  3. forbes617

forbes617 Huge member

1.) Mini Grip. Just the perfect EDC for me. I don't think I could find a better knife for my needs and wants in that price range.

2.) Sibert design MPR. I just love the stout look and feel.

3.) AFCK. I really never carry or use these. And I cannot explain why they are in my top 3. They just are.

4. Gunnygumball

Gunnygumball JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My favorite is the Emerson 970 CQC.

5. GAMBIT

GAMBIT The Protector of the Pro-Tech Brigade Member

Benchmade/Hk MP5:
    [​IMG]

6. Myker

Myker Down For Life

Oh you bastard!

Always said I'd never get an HK model, but that MP5 in drop point is to sexy!

7. GAMBIT

GAMBIT The Protector of the Pro-Tech Brigade Member

Why Thank You Myker! Fits my hand like a glove and the blade snaps out and cuts fantastic.

8. PG5768

PG5768 Brigade Member Brigade Member

So far this is the Benchmade I carry the most. Really love the G10 Griptilians.

[​IMG]

9. henkh

henkh Little member

I like Benchmade a lot as general brand. But especially the bigger folding knives i like a lot. Do not like the assisted ones like the Subrosa, although it is a very nice knife made of very fine materials.

The 761 monolock i like very much. The one i have is the smoothest knive i ever got. And none of the issues as some YT reviews mentioned. Very good lock up, no bladeplay or what so ever. Super.

As design i like the 741 Onslaught very, very much. But the cpm154 i like somewhat less as other steels like m390, s30, m4.

That's why i love the Contego the most. Large blade and the M4 steel is my favorite. It looks to me as if this steels gets sharper much easier as m390 and cuts better. At this moment i am about to pull the trigger on a M390 Contego, but i am hesistating. I love the blue/black g10 (as the 710-1401) but i do not know if the m390 really adds something to the knife.

But the Skirmish looks also great to me, only i havn't handled this one. So i am searching for it.

From the classics i like the 940, because of the play fun, and the 710 series becuase of the nice classis looks.

Besides these i love the AFCK's. I had several of these but i was so stupid for selling them. So now i am back searching for affordable AFCK's.

10. Joe_Karp

Joe_Karp Huge member

I've also regretted selling some, and am lucky that my AFCK's weren't on the list to go. I actually think most of my collection comprises ones that were traded or sold off that I then had to go back and trade for or buy. Boy I won't make that mistake again...!:devilzeek

11. 0grind

0grind Huge member

I really like my Vicar

12. Blade junkie

Blade junkie Little member

did you dye the scales?

13. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I like me some 42 balis :helix:

14. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Investigador Subaquatico

Favorite Benchmade

I am not much of a Benchmade fan but I like the 7505-132 and recently got a 62 bali that is OK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. SarahPalmer

SarahPalmer Little member

My favorite (based on usage) would have to be my pink mini grip with a straight edge drop point in 154cm because it's easy for me to sharpen on my wicked edge, it holds the edge nicely and I use it often.

My favorite overall (but not as useful because it isn't used or sold) would probably be my BM42 (sadly sold it and I need to look into the BM6X, I don't know the number but basically the 42 replacement) followed by the 950 rift, but then most Osborne designs I like.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
  16. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

I Have a few BM's

I have 2 LFK's one non serrated HD edition, and one serrated BM edition. And a HD Hardtail model serrated, black blade.

Best knives I have bought :D

17. RRTvette

RRTvette Gonna ventilate you JDBA Official Member

I've gone thru a bunch of benchmade folders, but the only ones I like to carry is the 940 & 527.

18. CdnCollector420

CdnCollector420 Average member

Fav. BM folders

My fave is definitely the Contego 810sbk, with my Volli 1000001 as a close second.

19. loonybin

loonybin Huge member

If you haven't had a chance to check out the 940-1501 from Knifeworks, it's worth the look. G10 scales and CPM-20CV blade. I'm thoroughly impressed with mine!

Still, my favorite remains the 950 Rift. Heck, the entire line in that style suits me just fine...
    [​IMG]

And the Presidio line isn't half bad, either:
    [​IMG]

20. TheRaven

TheRaven Huge member

I like a lot of Benchmades.

I've mainly been carrying an Ares LE 730-1501.

Ares might be my favorite Benchmade and favorite knife of all Allen Elishewitz designs.

This LE is
    Black carbon fiber handles
    Blue barrel spacers
    Black hardware
    Black liners
    4.1 ounces image.jpeg