1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Ernest Emerson BALISONG knifes? 2017-2018....

Skatterbrain May 14, 2017

1. Skatterbrain

Skatterbrain Little Member

I'm not sure weather or not most of you have herd . in the knife community & balisong knife / flipping community there's been some pretty exciting News in the knife world as far as Balisongs go . Theres been a rumor floating around that Ernest Emerson of (Emerson Knifes) will be making Balisongs, now it has been confirmed Mr. Emerson will be revealing some Emerson Made Balisong designs This year at Blade Show 2017. On June 2nd- 4th. he's said that he'll be doing balisongs as both a production run & custom made Balisongs . I definitely hope he's going to start the production run of Emerson made balisongs really soon , because I'd Definitely like to get my hands on them . . Aside from him announcing that he'll be making Balisongs , he hasn't yet said when they'll be on the market to buy . I assume it might be late 2017 ( Q4 ) or sometime 2018. maybe (Q2) or so. Either way it's pretty exciting news just to hear that it's been confirmed that Mr. Emerson is interested in making Balisongs & will be showing off his Emerson made balisong design Prototypes this year @ BladeShow .
    It's especially great news for those who love , follow & collect Emerson knifes. So make sure you set reminder on your calendars for June 2-4th too watch the coverage of the 2017 BladeShow if you'd like to catch a glimpse of his New Balisong Prototype Designs .

- I believe I have a video of him talking about it , not that long ago & I'll try and find it. then add it to this post , For you all to see .

If you've herd anything please share what you've herd or know...

Here's the Video , if you wanna just skip to the part where he starts to talk about Emerson made balisongs & his history with balisongs in martial arts. then skip to Min. @ 9:00 in the video where he begins to talk about it .ENJOY!

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Lapedog likes this.
  2. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

dam near got one in 96 wanted a CQB badly spyderco won out for my USCM folder but the how i started making thing is muhc the same

Lapedog and Skatterbrain like this.
  3. Skatterbrain

Are you referring to the video ?

Lapedog likes this.
  4. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

yes he said he started making knives when he wanted one he could not aford thats how i started. we will see what he comes up with as far as a balisong

Lapedog likes this.
  5. Skatterbrain

Oh OK , thays pretty cool . Yeah I'm hoping there going to really nice Balisongs & good flippers . He may make them more as a utility knife (EDC) rather then a flipper . But I'm hoping that it's going to be well & both

Lapedog likes this.
  6. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

did he said if they are going to be overpriced?

Rio, Ben., Lapedog and 1 other person like this.
  7. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

Aren't all Bali's overpriced?

Rio, butthurtbob and Lapedog like this.
  8. Linos

in par with your intellect....

Lapedog likes this.
  9. Winter

I'm sorry, not being a balifag, I don't know the lingo. Please explain your sentence fragment.

Rio and Lapedog like this.
  10. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Ah, another cancerous growth of the community wandered his way to the bali section to simply start shit.

Always good times....

But to answer your first question:

Depends on what you define as "overpriced". A lot more goes into making a well made balisong versus your standard folder or obviously a fixed blade. However, legality or perceived legality (in that many people think they are illegal even in places they aren't) cause the market for balisongs to be a lot smaller, thus production numbers are lower, and the cost per unit increases.

But that is basic economics that you really shouldn't have needed answered if you're gonna try and act like such a smartass.

Echo_6R, Lapedog and ATLWood like this.
  11. jskfla

jskfla Average member

12. Silent Jay

Hahahahahahaha.

Holy fuck, he really did it!!!!!

He put a goddamn wave on a balisong!!!! Hahahahahaha

This just made my fuckin day.

Rio, XxGRYMMxX, Skatterbrain and 4 others like this.
  13. Winter

Actually, cupcake, this post was cross posted in Custom Knife Discussion, where I tend to hang out. I do appreciate your answer as it is a good attempt to justify the price of, essentially, a pre-broken knife.

I am a smartass, it's no act.

Lapedog likes this.
  14. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks for posting, OP. The rumors have been circulating for a while now, and I'm glad they've finally been confirmed. It's nice to hear that he's coming back full circle to his knife making roots and giving props to the FMA guros that influenced him. I'll be looking forward to the prototypes in June. Since the announcement will be at Blade Show, I'm also hoping that Blade magazine does a full feature on it. It's time that balis come out of the shadows and finally go mainstream. Perhaps doing so will spur a grassroots movement to repeal the current asinine and antiquated laws that make them illegal in several states...

15. Linos

take the rampaging sausage out of your ass and stick it in your mouth dipshit

Echo_6R, Ryanol, Lapedog and 2 others like this.
  16. Silent Jay

Ah, didn't realize the thread had been relocated from another sub-forum.

My point, however, still stands.

But alas, you return yet again to simply post (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Hurr durr, ur knaff is dumb cuz I leik othr st00f!11!1!!!11"

17. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

You fucktards shut the fuck up plain and simple .

Winter is good people, once ya get to know him :cheesydevil:

Lapedog and skyblue like this.
  18. Silent Jay

Gaaaaaaaaah, c'mon Glenn, been a while since there was anything really goin on around here. Just havin a little fun hahaha

19. Winter

Dammit Glenn, don't you have puppies to drown or a ham to fuck?

Besides, Solvent Joe, I don't fuck with bali kids any more than I fuck with people who shoot a damn Taurus. Both are wrong, both are defensive, and both are apathetic about their condition.

Both our points still stand. I love you.

begreen61, Silent Jay and seandavid55 like this.
  20. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

A waveable balisong? I can sort of flipper tab some balisongs in a way.

Ernie's first knife was a Balisong he made for himself for a martial arts class.