1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

EOS Serpent... Thoughts?

AndyK Oct 11, 2020

1. AndyK

AndyK Tiny Member

Ok. Let’s start with the basics. This is my first post, after the introduction. I am working on not being just a lurker, and actually being a participating member of The forum.
    Now, and very important... Before I get chewed up! I did search the forums for thoughts and reviews on the EOS serpent. Couldn’t find anything substantial. Thus, this post. So, now that we’ve covered my fears and insecurities... :sixx:... Any thoughts? Never seen one in person. Just like the look of it from a website photo. Wondering if it’s worth the cost. (Which is not bad at all.)
    Thank you!

2. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

If you couldn't find anything about it on the best bali forum in the world then that should about tell you all you need to know.

Shawnjohn999999 and Neezy like this.
  3. AndyK

AndyK Tiny Member

very good point. I did not think my question through. Shame on me. :oops:

Neezy likes this.
  4. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

There's nothing wrong with the serpent.

has several popular features like bushings, zen pens and ti handles.

i have one and it has minimal play, no rub.

quality seems as good or better than many.

that being said, its not one of my favorites.

i like the blade steel and the blade shape, but that's about it. its looks don't really speak to me and even though you can't touch the handles together, i don't like them being perfectly parallel in open position.

though i'd prefer it to be more ass heavy, it is a good flipper, but a little weird because most of its mass is toward the pivots, makes it a little faster despite its weight. (here's a much wordier explaination:)

but i have have other balis with a shitty zen nub that i enjoy more.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    twyych, chutcher and seandavid55 like this.
  5. AndyK

AndyK Tiny Member

Thank you! Appreciate the input and the video!

Neezy likes this.
  6. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Build quality is great. It's not a fantastic flipper since the blade is wide near the tang area and a little short compared to the handles.

twyych likes this.
  7. AndyK

AndyK Tiny Member

Thanks! I’m looking at it more as another addition to my edc rotation, and not as a flipper. So definitely good to hear about the build quality.

8. TheronJ

It would be a great EDC. Very utilitarian blade shape.

twyych likes this.
  9. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Its an ugly looking knife.

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  10. twyych

twyych JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I just ended up ordering one. I haven't had a bali since the crappy ones I had from fairs back in the 90s, and wanted one primarily for edc/use, but would still be fun to flip occasionally. How do you like yours? How has the blade been in use?

11. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Yeah it's a knife. Bury it in the ground. 20 years who knows.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  12. No_cuts_no_glory

No_cuts_no_glory Little Member

great edc but not the best flipper, it has floating washers which is cool but dosent really allow for better tolerances, no tap tho. if you want my opinion get a Trident thats my favorite knife from EOS

twyych likes this.
  13. mike_geno

mike_geno Huge member JDBA Official Member

I have one with an all new second set of hardware from EOS if anyone wants to trade. Somewhere around 300 TV. DM if interested.

14. TheronJ

Post it in Voodoo homie.

mike_geno likes this.