1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Eos Serpent (Nagini)

rock3r4life Jan 24, 2020

1. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

Fantastic. Only word for it. Honestly my FIRST THOUGHT was that it feels similar to an Alpha Beast. I personally am a MASSIVE fan of the steel. Why? Because Cts-xhp=42, which is also the answer to the question; of life, of everything, and of the universe.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    mitchell la and begreen61 like this.
  2. Jeremusic69

Jeremusic69 Tiny Member

The handles looks great ! The blade is a double cutting edges spearpoint ?

3. Damian Knight

Damian Knight JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

How has this held up since you first got it? I was looking into picking one of these up or wait for the next BRS drop (but I do t know if I can be that patient!)

rock3r4life likes this.
  4. rock3r4life

Not 100% sure what you are asking, but it's a standard single edge like most, not a dagger style.

5. rock3r4life

Honestly if I was thinking brs or eos, I'd go eos as, A, the STEEL(l'm a steel nerd), B the looks, and C it's cheaper, abd finally D it handles great, perfect weight and distribution IMHO. You "should" love it, I say should because everyone has their own preferences. Personally, I choose the serpent over a beast.

6. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Serpent is a worse flipper but has really nice fit and finish.

7. rock3r4life

I really think flipping is a subjective matter; some like it heavy (ie the Lucha) some like it light (the Bm51) and I kinda appreciates the Serpent.

8. TheronJ

There is a degree of subjectivity when it comes to weight and balance as well as feel, but there are a few aspects to the serpent that are objectively not conducive to a good flipper.

The blade is rather short for the handles and is pretty wide near the tang which tends to make the handles remain fairly spread apart during chaplins.

It also doesn't carry momentum properly during rollovers because the center of balance isn't at the pivots.

It does handle some things pretty well. The handles are long and grippy enough to make transfers fun and if you're not accustomed to them, the shorter and not that pointy blade is pretty safe for it. Airials and twirling/ladders are fairly easy because of the grip and handle length as well.

Essentially I'd give it around a 4.5/10 for flipping. It's really not great for it.

The trident is better suited for it from a balance perspective but has it's own issues. The blade is still too wide near the pivots and causes pinching in the wide tang cups.

I'd do a full review on both if anyone is interested (or any other knife I own).

EDIT: I forgot my original comment was about serpent vs Alpha beast and commented about the other knife from EOS with a focus on flipping, the Trident. The same applies with the alpha beast except that it doesn't have the problems the trident has and is just a fantastic flipper if you're a fan of flippers with end of the handle bias.

9. rock3r4life

Tbh I didn't buy it because it's the greatest flipper, I got it because I'm a steel nut and I really liked the idea of cts-xhp, it's a fancy irregular chunk of iron; and It just so happens to be my preferred flipper (tho honestly I suck with that art form)

10. TheronJ

It's a cool knife regardless of not being a great flipper. I definitely don't regret picking one up.

They got so close to making a great flipper with the Trident as well. With a little iteration they could definitely get there so I'm looking forward to future ventures from them.