1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Enrique mid-tech penasong... Flipper or collector's piece?

Caden shumaker May 7, 2019

1. Caden shumaker

Caden shumaker Tiny Member

Hey everyone! Still pretty new to flipping so please excuse my ignorance lol! So i was looking on blade hq and knife center awhile back and noticed these penasongss, i figured they'd sell out pretty quick, but theyre still in stock. They look like very nice knives, and from what i hear seem to be built very well, but they're over 6 ounces. So i was wondering if this is one of those collector's knives or a heavier knife thats actually capable of being flipped. Theyve been available for a while and look very nice, so if they flip decent id be pretty interested. Any feedback would be great! Thanks guys!

2. dead.fox

dead.fox Tiny Member

I too am curious about those. They have a unique gentlemanly look. Wonder how they perform.

Caden shumaker likes this.
  3. Caden shumaker

T
    Thats what i thought too! They look great but they seem like they'd be a little on the heavy side. But i guess if balance is right, it wouldnt matter a lot. Thanks for the response! Im glad somebody else has a similar interest in these knives!

4. mikee36

mikee36 Little Member

I am local to BladeHQ and got to play with one of em. They feel fantastic but I was a little afraid of the weight. I am new to this as well. At the time I was trying to learn with a BM 67 so I ended up going with a Flytanium 51. Now that I'm a little better I prefer bigger and have been tempted to get one. They are incredibly smooth. I think the balance is pretty good too.

Caden shumaker and BennytheBlade like this.
  5. Caden shumaker

They look so good. Its nice to kniw that somebody has actually flipped one of these things. Thwy look nice and construction looks like it is top notch. Jussging by what you said and looks its probably great. Love the blades on em too

6. Sparks

Sparks Tiny Member

I'd been wanting a Pena custom for a while so when the midtechs dropped I bought one immediately. Well worth the price, and while it's an ounce or so overweight it's not noticeable due to a smooth and tight fit and good balance. Apparently blades are still hand finished by Enrique on these and it looks fantastic.

7. Caden shumaker

That's awesome! Yea they look great and seem like theyd flip great. Glad you like it! Its nice to here some positive news about this knife! I heard the same things about the blade, and they look great!

8. Sparks

Sparks Tiny Member

20190318_234746_resize_74.jpg 20190318_235746_resize_86.jpg