1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

electric powered harley

Stabber Jun 20, 2014

1. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

2. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I suppose it could get you to Starbucks and back :jdwink2:

3. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It sounded cool, reminds me of Star Trek when young Kirk gave his bike away...maybe that was the same or similar bike.

I personally hope electric technology keeps going....the amount of power potential and speed is astronomical...I like fast....

4. Stabber

Not up where you are:bwah:

5. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Now, if they could just make it sound like my old `67 XLCH....

("TRON-Sporty") :madaddy:

6. foldinghunter

foldinghunter Little member

The new Screamin' Eagle catalog will have clothespin and playing card kits!

7. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

had a test ride on a brammo...

beware it pulls really hard :devilroll: as it has TQ right away

so far not really impressed , and the gears noise was bugging me

but was strange not to shift to neutral, when parking ( old gear head, wants to put off the ignition :devilwag: )
    and you serieusly scare the crap out off people flying by with no noise :thumbsup:

8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Looks cool,but I heard electric vehicle's cost more to run

9. Stabber

Duracell's ain't cheap, Ya know :D

10. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Hardcore old-school guys will probably make noises (vocally) like a Harley going through the gears to compensate for the lack of engine sounds.... :bwah:

11. S.Shepherd

S.Shepherd knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

12. captainblowhole

captainblowhole Captain Coconut

It sure looks bad assed, however, there is one problem that I see, and that is that it is not loud enough too warn others of your approach. A person stepping onto a street might not be aware of a fast moving silent vehicle and a collision may accur. This was one of my concerns with the electric car as well. Don't get me wrong, I like this idea and think there will be a market for things like this in the future and hopefully they can use some of the battery power to create a speaker or some kind of sound generator that at least produces a rumble to warn others. I work 20 miles from my house and if this can make it to work and back (and then some) without a recharge after sitting for 8 hours, and if it was not prohibitively expensive (and less money than a gas powered alternative), I might consider one. But if it was the same price as a bike that I can "recharge" anywhere where I see a gas station and continue on my a journey, why would I want to limit myself to something with less range? The only thing that would compel me is if it was much cheaper than a gas powered one, and I have a feeling that that will not be the case. Another thing, in my state (NY), they do not care what propels a vehicle, they will require you to have a motorcycle license to operate it. So, you'll need a license here, which you'll have to arrange to obtain by taking a class and going to the DMV, yadayada...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
  13. jjhamilton

I've been riding for 16 years, I ride about any bike I can get my hands on so I have no real bias when it comes to the cruiser/sport bike/ touring cliques, I ride what will do the job I need done.

It still today really chaps my hide for anyone to seriously say loud pipes save lives. First, the sound is audible from the rear of the bike (unless you've have strait pipes, which thank you for annoying the fuck out of the populous and helping add to the bad name that surrounds bikers. Even with strait pipes, today's luxury vehicles (most SUVs) are so sound proofed when the windows and AC are on (plus music playing) that noise your making still is not going to do shit to keep them from pulling right out.

On top of this, the smaller the vehicle the harder it is to estimate speed. They may actually see you, instead of their estimation of 45, your traveling 60.

There is no such thing as loud pipes saving lives, regardless of the bike. To think that your loud obnoxious pipes are saving you from an accident are akin to those people whom say I don't need to wear gear cause I ride that well.

Think

gzb and firebolt like this.
  14. six

six straight up pimp

Interesting:bwah:

15. S.Shepherd

hmm, there have been a few times that I've rapped the throttle and made someones head snap/ slam on the breaks as they were about to pull out in front of me

16. jjhamilton

Windows down, radio off, actually somewhat paying attention, maybe...but a rarity at best. I'm telling you, if loud pipes really did work the department of insurance would mandate loud pipes from the factory. The MSF would recommend them, and we would all hate riding.

On top of loud pipes not actually drawing attention to you other than as you pass by and people wrinkling their face at the noise, riding 100+ miles with the roar of strait pipes in your ears has got to get old. When I was in my race bike faze I bought an R6 with D&Ds already installed, I found stock pipes on eBay for a steal ASAP until I could actually afford some that didn't sound like a giant bumble bee out to slaughter the world. Same goes for the v-rod I bought from a neighbor whom just had to have screaming eagle pipes, off the went, luckily he still had the originals

17. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

Looks OK.

But sounds like:

[​IMG]

18. unreconstructedgordo

unreconstructedgordo Level: True Devil

sure, I can just see pulling up to the local RED&White mixer this friday on one of those ! San Francisco jokes would abound and I would zero respect. Then back up 9 for the after party if it made it I would have to wait till the next day to charge it up! I don think so,maybe it would sell on Fire island or San Francisco tho, good metro (sexual) ride. :devilfinger:

19. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

pretty sweet range.

20. S.Shepherd

I'm not speculating on if it's happened. I'm telling you it has and obviously they weren't paying attention or they wouldn't have tried to pull out infront of me

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014