1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

ELB balisong

buddy Mar 16, 2014

1. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Any one handled both the ELB tanto and bowie version? Any difference in handling/balance? I have heard the bowie is a touch longer and heavier, but not sure. Thanks for the input.

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would like to know as well.:madaddy:

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Hopefully, I will have a clue around July :ropeman:

4. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

I'm hoping to eventually maybe have a clue.

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  5. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

[video=youtube;lcHy8xEt2QI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHy8xEt2QI[/video]

Mpsecare likes this.
  6. slashncut

slashncut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'd like to know, too :ross:

I never handled to tanto version myself, but I'm sure you can contact Emmanuel himself if you have any questions, he's a nice aguy and he doesn't bite

7. slashncut

As for specifications for the tanto version (copied from francebalisong):

8. Kstreetmafia

Kstreetmafia JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've handled the older Bowie style with solid handles it was a little more handle heavy than the newer modles but it's so smooth and nice! But haven't handled the tanto yet... Soon though couple months! I would guess it's not THAT different his tanto isn't extremely aggressive so I would guess the balance of the blade is very similar Bowie vs tanto on the same handles. It's not a really heavy aggressive tanto like the 47 style tanto. Just a guess though.

9. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

You know when I know, you'll know :highfive:

10. slashncut

you won't be disappointed!

I feel kind of responsible for hyping ELB, and I probably should have been more clear on the little project Danté and I had but he's an insanely good knife maker.

11. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

U are just spreading the good word.

12. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Hyping this was a good thing! The ELB is one of my favorite Balis, you are correct they will not be disappointed!

13. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

This guy.... This guy is The Man :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. ufokillerz

ufokillerz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

i'm supposed to have a bowie and a tanto soon.

15. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I still can't get excited about the ELB. I haven't heard anything bad about the knife but there's no "gotta have it" vibe.

It looks ok. The price is ok. It seems like a very average balisong. No WOW factor.

***Nobody has convinced me otherwise

16. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

The zen pin hollows are a bit err, wide for me but in all aspects, it looks put together fantastically and I really do love the flipping vids that have been composed for that particular knife.

I'm getting back into bali's as the folder world is a bit shitty right now and I'm on the prowl for one of those and a Tempest for this year :)

17. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

The WOW factor is the IKBS bearings especially in this price range.
    Apart from this I thought the 1st gen ELB handled like a 4x series.

BTW I sold my ELB to purchase some highend vape gear :firedevil:firedevil:firedevil

18. towel28

towel28 Level: True Devil

Anyone know if he always did the spacers in SS or did some of the older versions use TI spacers

19. Lexcorp

Lexcorp couteau papillon

For the moment, all Elb's have SS spacers, I have the first prod, it too :jdwink2:

20. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Are these still being made/ordered? I've seen so many around and I would like to try and snag one.