1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

ELB balisong passaround

truepaganini Mar 29, 2014

1. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It had scratches on the end of the handle when I received it as well, never noticed the blade hitting the spacers...noticed the bite handle spacer did protrude on the outside of (I believe) the bite handle, upon inspection it looks as though it came from Emmanuel shop that way due to it being flush on the interior.

In any case if it was sent out with no scratches, someone gots some explaining to do

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Well, if it is me, well there were definitely marks on the blade...Rubs to be more specific. And the handles were very loose.

I tightened up the pivots just enough and while I was with Jerry Hom, he fixed the handle spacer issue. To me, I thought someone had possibly dropped the knife is why the spacer looked 'popped up'. All fixed now.

I am not a great flipper, but this is a WELL MADE knife for certain. The latch does appear to be slightly too large and indeed, the pin part is off center.

I believe my spot on his list is up in July and I will definitely be ordering one.

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  3. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Personally delivering ELB to Silent Jay ETA 6:00

:owl:

4. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

The package has been delivered! :thumbsup:

A strange owl with an ELB in one hand and a bottle of Jack in the other brought it to me in the most epic of fashions. And it was glorious.

I'll be flipping it a bunch and have a review up shortly after sending it back :thumbsup:

5. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Before or after the Tempest review? :ropeman:

*** :giggle:

6. truepaganini

truepaganini JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Well she's finally back! It has a bit more scratches on the handles then I would have liked, but oh well. A big thanks to all those who participated and especially those who followed the rules! I may be doing another one of these in the future, but I'm not sure at the moment. Thanks again JD!

armedpootles and Chris Daigle like this.