1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Joker188

Joker188 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Edited

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  2. nightrage

nightrage Little member

I probably don't oil mine enough, found some rust spots near the pivots after taking apart my 62...that d2 steel I guess.

but that said if you pocket carry I feel like grim and dust builds up and sticks to the oil around the tang when they are oiled too much

apdallaround and Joker188 like this.
  3. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Oiling is overrated. I'm assuming most people don't flip in the shower or dip their balisongs in fruit juice.

3-in-1 oil, micro cloth, good wipe down after some questionable EDC/flipping you should be good to go.

For my collection I do a good oil wipe twice a year (even less). Never had any issues except for a custom Chuck G where the hamon on the blade might have been a contributing factor.

***Ignore all this if you own an Arc Angel...oil that shit daily

Klyuchak, apdallaround and Joker188 like this.
  4. Joker188

Joker188 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Edited

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  5. Klyuchak

Klyuchak Channel Ti Guy JDBA Official Member

If debris gets in between the blade/washers/handles, it can gouge them a lot easier. That said, if the parts had a pretty rough finish to begin with, could actually have a sort of polishing effect.

But main benefit of oil is consistancy, much less of a chance that some kind of random hang up or stall will happen.

For my personal routine, I like to dissasemble atleast the pivots and get any old oil and debris cleaned out. After re-assembly just a drop or so on each washer, and wipe off the excess. Sometimes give it a little heat to help it settle faster, and "sweat" some of the excess out. I usually wait atleast go a month or two between cleanings, maybe 2-3 times a year total.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Joker188 likes this.