1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Leather Inlay

Not Bob May 10, 2020

1. Not Bob

Not Bob Tiny Member

This method is not as durable as stitching two leathers together, but much easier. Sheath entitled, "Bloody Crow Rising," for a Nantahala Trading Post scalping knife. BloodyCrowSml.jpg

I started with an aluminum sheath liner made from a Litho printing plate. Used contact cement to attach red leather reclaimed from my wife's old red purse. Then used contact cement to attach the outer leather.

Probably not recommended for a hard use sheath. But, since scalping is no longer politically correct, this sheath won't get much use, anyway. Just hanging from my lodgepole.

You can file this under: "Give the laziest man the hardest job, and he'll find the easiest way to do it."

apdallaround and seandavid55 like this.